PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2009, 02:46 AM
breakmyfootoff's Avatar
That guy with the axe
Offline
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon
Location: Texas
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,603
Reputation: 1540
breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Droid vs. iPhone head to head video

It's a long watch at 17 minutes, but a good unbiased comparison (by an iPhone owner even).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9YGvLHvUxQ
__________________
Rooted Droid, Overclocked @ 1.1 GHz, Sprecovery 0.99.3b, Blue Smoked glass 2.0.1 Rom

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2009, 06:31 AM
smoove21's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Palm Pre,HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 211
Reputation: 760
smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to smoove21
Re: Droid vs. iPhone head to head video

lol I'm guessing you created this thread because of the discussions of my thread?? Instead of focusing on the review of the droid we began passing judgment and comparisons to the iphone.
__________________
If I help don't forget to hit thanks..
Which OS interests you most? Tell us why>>
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/general-windows-mobile-discussions/90810-os-interests-you-most.html
Playstation 3/Xbox360/Wii/PC..Which is best? Join the debate!>> http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112741
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2009, 12:57 PM
QrafTee's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 38
Reputation: 10
QrafTee is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Droid vs. iPhone head to head video

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoove21 View Post
lol I'm guessing you created this thread because of the discussions of my thread?? Instead of focusing on the review of the droid we began passing judgment and comparisons to the iphone.
How can you not compare it to the iPhone? If you're going to create an ad to attack the iPhone; you better bring in the big guns.

Both phones don't have flash? I thought the Droid was supposed to have Flash 10.

In any case, I might still buy the Droid. I mean by February I will know if they have found a solution to the limited installable apps issue--let us install apps to the microSD card.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2009, 05:02 PM
breakmyfootoff's Avatar
That guy with the axe
Offline
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter
Location: Texas
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,603
Reputation: 1540
breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Droid vs. iPhone head to head video

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoove21 View Post
lol I'm guessing you created this thread because of the discussions of my thread?? Instead of focusing on the review of the droid we began passing judgment and comparisons to the iphone.
Nah, you had nothing to do with it, I've hated the iPhone for quite a while. The iPhone OS doesnt even deserve to be called an OS, it's basically just an app launcher. I stumbled across that video last night and so far thats been the best video I've seen of someone using the Droid. We didnt begin passing judgment and comparing it to the iPhone btw, Verizon started that.

Last edited by breakmyfootoff; 11-03-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2009, 05:04 PM
breakmyfootoff's Avatar
That guy with the axe
Offline
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter
Location: Texas
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,603
Reputation: 1540
breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Droid vs. iPhone head to head video

Quote:
Originally Posted by QrafTee View Post
Both phones don't have flash? I thought the Droid was supposed to have Flash 10.
Supposedly the Droid is flash ready, so even though it hasnt had it in the reviews, it will have flash10 soon.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2009, 05:43 PM
MikeElGiga23's Avatar
MikeElGiga23
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Droid vs. iPhone head to head video

Props to the droid on this comparison. It stacked amazingly well against the iphone on all tests. Draw after draw on the tests that droid wasnt the victor. Glad theres a device to directly attack apple that can actually back it up unlike the instinct...
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2009, 07:51 PM
smoove21's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Palm Pre,HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 211
Reputation: 760
smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to smoove21
Re: Droid vs. iPhone head to head video

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
Nah, you had nothing to do with it, I've hated the iPhone for quite a while. The iPhone OS doesnt even deserve to be called an OS, it's basically just an app launcher. I stumbled across that video last night and so far thats been the best video I've seen of someone using the Droid. We didnt begin passing judgment and comparing it to the iPhone btw, Verizon started that.
lol wow you really hate the actual device or are you like me and hate the reviewers that make each new iphone iteration above all phones like they're on steve jobs' payroll. I swear they never say that the iphone is old tech. They act like there aren't other phones that are fast,or have great camera features copy and paste, video recording or multitouch. Every review of every device that has the same features as the iphone always come in second. Never does a device do one single thing better when compared apples to apples. Then when a device comes along that has a feature the iphone its never done well enough. I respect it as a device but it does have many flaws but they (reviewers)always downplay them. Not a single review is different. Don't get me wrong I respect the device and what it does but it was only revolutionary with the original. As far as the other two, how can adding a 3g radio or making the phone faster still get the same if not better reviews the second and third time around. but I never really thought about it but I do agree, it (iphone) is nothing more than an app launcher. So does this mean it really isn't an os? it doesn't multi-task because the software was only built to run apps? wow I view the device at a completely different angle now..

Last edited by smoove21; 11-03-2009 at 08:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2009, 11:09 PM
breakmyfootoff's Avatar
That guy with the axe
Offline
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter
Location: Texas
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,603
Reputation: 1540
breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Droid vs. iPhone head to head video

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoove21 View Post
lol wow you really hate the actual device or are you like me and hate the reviewers that make each new iphone iteration above all phones like they're on steve jobs' payroll. I swear they never say that the iphone is old tech. They act like there aren't other phones that are fast,or have great camera features copy and paste, video recording or multitouch. Every review of every device that has the same features as the iphone always come in second. Never does a device do one single thing better when compared apples to apples. Then when a device comes along that has a feature the iphone its never done well enough. I respect it as a device but it does have many flaws but they (reviewers)always downplay them. Not a single review is different.
Exactly . It's nice to feel like someone understands where you're coming from . Since the hype and fanboys surrounding the iPhone seem to be so extreme I tend to be "fanboy" for everything that isnt iPhone lol. It is pretty much just an app launcher, with just one program from WM (Ultimate Launch) you can mimic the iPhones entire OS lol.

Last edited by breakmyfootoff; 11-03-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2009, 11:16 PM
QrafTee's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 38
Reputation: 10
QrafTee is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Droid vs. iPhone head to head video

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
Exactly . It's nice to feel like someone understands where you're coming from . Since the hype and fanboys surrounding the iPhone seem to be so extreme I tend to be "fanboy" for everything that isnt iPhone lol. It is pretty much just an app launcher, with just one program from WM (Ultimate Launch) you can mimic the iPhones entire OS lol.
Although what you're saying is basically true, you still have to give props to Apple for including the hardware to back up the phone. What I'm confused about is why other manufacturers don't step it up and come up with even better hardware. I know they will in 2010, but c'mon man... don't let the competition ride the high-end devices train alone for a whole year and wonder "Why is it so popular?"
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2009, 11:23 PM
breakmyfootoff's Avatar
That guy with the axe
Offline
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter
Location: Texas
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,603
Reputation: 1540
breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Droid vs. iPhone head to head video

Quote:
Originally Posted by QrafTee View Post
Although what you're saying is basically true, you still have to give props to Apple for including the hardware to back up the phone. What I'm confused about is why other manufacturers don't step it up and come up with even better hardware. I know they will in 2010, but c'mon man... don't let the competition ride the high-end devices train alone for a whole year and wonder "Why is it so popular?"
I agree 100%. Why the hell did they not put Snapdragon in this phone? Unless they release a "Droid 2" in a few months it'll be left in the dirt by all the Snapdragon devices that are just around the corner. I know I'm already looking past the Droid, I think there's an HTC Passion in my future .
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com