PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2010, 01:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

DPrynce is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problem: Stock from Froyo

I haven't seen anyone mention any issues with going from Froyo 2.2 back to Stock, probably since once we go to 2.2 we don't want to go back. However I am having troubles with my phone (2nd time with this same problem) where the cord plugs in to charge. Even though I babied this phone the charger port has deteriorated and I have to give up my phone for a new one. However, I can't seem to get back to stock.

I have Rom Manager (great program!!) and have tried the stock 2.0.1 rom and it restarts to load Rom then just back to what I have. I have also tried going to backup when I had 2.1 and same thing, it restarts phone then just right back to 2.2. I can load a different 2.2 rom but whenever I try to go to 2.1 it just doesn't work.

I would be grateful if someone can give me a solution so I can get my new phone. Also wondering how many other people have had issues with the charger port getting worn to where the cord will no longer stay in and charge. Thanks ahead of time to anyone who can lend a helping hand.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

xxmillertimexx is just getting started
Re: Problem: Stock from Froyo

Have you tried using RSD lite and the stock SBF file?

http://forum.droidmod.org/index.php/topic,314.0.html

I've done this twice, and they say its pretty risky..but just be careful. (like ripping out the cord and what not) This is used by Verizon to "recover bricked phones" but it essentially returns you back to the "brand new state".

Hope this helps!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: droid
Carrier: alltel

dfdj is a n00b

I bricked my wife's phone. But i'm a nerd, I fixed it. Hit me up on yahoo dougiefreshthedj@yahoo.com ""email, or im"" email me

I rooted her phone, 2.1, then installed custom roms. She hated it, so i tried to restore it. I had a red led in the top right. I can walk ya through the process to restore it back to stock.

I'm still up, so hit me up Peace!! I can help anybody restore their phone! Its just a matter of having the right data to put on the phone.

Take care
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:40 AM
Lurker

dfdj is a n00b

I can help ya for sure Basically all you do is use RSDLITE (install it on your system), plug the usb into your computer *****but not the phone***** old up on the d pad and the powerbutton
Old 07-17-2010, 02:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

xxmillertimexx is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfdj View Post
I can help ya for sure Basically all you do is use RSDLITE (install it on your system), plug the usb into your computer *****but not the phone***** old up on the d pad and the powerbutton
If ya read the post I left earlier, this is what I told em lol but your directions aren't too specific? I just don't want him bricking his phone or anything..it can be risky if you don't do it right
Old 07-17-2010, 03:07 AM
Lurker

dfdj is a n00b

You gave him a link to instructions in a forum. lol @ brick your phone. You can always recover a bricked phone. It just means the data is corrupt.

http://forum.droidmod.org/index.php/topic,314.0.html

I've done this twice, and they say its pretty risky..but just be careful. (like ripping out the cord and what not) This is used by Verizon to "recover bricked phones" but it essentially returns you back to the "brand new state".

What is said is direct, and will take maybe 10 mins. You can rip the cord out, its not risky at all. Its like reinstalling a new os.

LOL I'M KIDDING MILLERTIME!!! LOL

Kind of a good link, but confusing in the forum. Thats why i asked him to hit me up. What rom are you running? Do ya got Froyo?

I'm running the blue from here!!!!!! Its ****ing incredible!!! Also get the goodies!!! Hit me back homie!
Old 07-17-2010, 08:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

DPrynce is a n00b

Thanks for quick replies. Problem is I'm going between 2 houses so we can get moved. Won't have internet in new house 'til 22nd and I'm running Cat 5 now trying to run it haha. I don't get much puter time too tired once I get to old house. Will try to go earlier tonight so have time to try. Thanks both of you really appreciate it.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid