PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2010, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

sorge is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Went from Hero to Droid....first day feelings

Thanks to my new job selling Verizon....had to give up my Sprint employee plan. I'm broke, and could get a droid super cheap, so I went ahead and got it over waiting/paying for Droid X or incredible. (I wanted keyboard this time too). Overall I'm very happy with my choice.

Everything about the phone is still very top of the line, even though it is an older phone. It works freaking well, and I was surprised. 2.1 on my Hero was terrible, I hated it, never worked right after update. Now my phone just works. I've been customizing it, making it more complete, and just loving this. Sense is great, but its fantastic to be able to stay stock, and customize it this much.

Sure the keyboard is shitty compared to Ally or Devour, but everything else is much better. The keys seem about as big as my old touch pros, without the 5th row of numbers of course, so its really not as bad as people say. Still like it a lot more then blackberry or palm. And with HTC Sense virtual keyboard installed, you can type 3 different ways on it.

Even 8 or so months after release, still sweet phone, you guys have been lucky. I feel bad for anyone who got the eris.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good work
Re: Went from Hero to Droid....first day feelings

I was thinking about picking up an Eris but for $50 more on eBay I got a Droid that was almost brand new from the Google I/O conference. Getting it activated was a PITA but even though I know Android has issues, the Droid is sick in every way. Coming from a WinMo phone was probably even a bigger change for me than you going from one Android phone to another.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

sorge is becoming a great contributor
Re: Went from Hero to Droid....first day feelings

I went from touch pro to hero, and that was a huge change. WINMO to droid even bigger. I wish 2.1 worked right on older hardware, from what I'm told the eris is pretty messed up now too.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid