PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 04:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
the problem thread.

OK, guys and galls, here it is. a thread for any and all the problems you have had with the droid. software issues, UI issues, hardware issues, this is the place to post them. i want to gather any and all info in one post so people like me that are on the fence about the droid know what to expect. having gone through several moto phones in my lifetime i know they used to have major issues and i think anyone like me would like to know if the quality control issues have been ironed out. so, post up those problems.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

dutch169 is just getting started
Re: the problem thread.

I came from a TP2. As far as this phone goes I think it awesome. Love the apps and numerous ways to theme the phone. Very easy to learn with some practice. Phone construction is very solid. As far as problems I haven't run into many. Forceclosures with some programs but the same would happen with WM. If you want a physical keyboard get the Motodroid if not get the HTC Incrediable. I haven't used the keyboard since I got the phone.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511

here is a list of all my issues:

Old 04-30-2010, 11:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN
Threadstarter

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

im a keyboard person, so it would be the droid for me.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
im a keyboard person, so it would be the droid for me.
same
Old 05-02-2010, 08:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

JayJ is a n00b

I worked for Alltel for three years, and while there carried every smartphone they sold. The Droid is by far the best I've had. I left before the TP2, but as similar as it is to the TP I wouldn't be interested in using it over my Droid.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Droid

dave52355 is a n00b

Well the Droid has minor irritants more than problems I think. MMS messaging could really use an improvement. Not all video works out of the box. Often times you'll drop out of MMS and into a player to see th video. As an example. Little things, more of an annoyance. A big one in my book would be no voice dial over blue tooth.

I do see a Droid following similar to the Iphone following where there are many who will overlook shortcomings just as those Iphone folks are wiling to overlook shortcomings.

But since this was about problems and no one had mentioned any, I thought I'd start.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I haven't had many problems at all, especially ones that can't be fixed. The thing about Android is that it comes as an empty shell and you use the Market to customize your device to your liking. Most problems encountered are specific to the apps you install. Therefore one person might have a problem with something and it work just fine for someone else. Android is completely dependant on developers and the apps they release. In other words, if you install a load of crappy apps on your phone, that's what it will be to you. Once you learn and adapt yourself to Android, you there is NO replacement. As far as the MotoDroid itself goes, there are far fewer problems than any of the phones I have come across.

Last edited by tvandyck7; 05-03-2010 at 11:28 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid Incrediable 2

waterscout is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
OK, guys and galls, here it is. a thread for any and all the problems you have had with the droid. software issues, UI issues, hardware issues, this is the place to post them. i want to gather any and all info in one post so people like me that are on the fence about the droid know what to expect. having gone through several moto phones in my lifetime i know they used to have major issues and i think anyone like me would like to know if the quality control issues have been ironed out. so, post up those problems.
I having problems with my incredible 2. today when i was trying to set my alarm for in the morning so I know to wake up to take my medicine. and well my clock widget on my home screen would not let me go set my alarm all it will let me do is look at the weather...please help..

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid