PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511
battery drain

my battery life is not great it lasts about 8 hours. im oc'd at 800mhz and im running cyanogenmod

Old 04-06-2010, 08:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: battery drain

Did you check to see what is using your battery? Settings/About phone/Battery use. That might give you an idea of what is eating your battery.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

hammer1320 is a n00b

As soon as I turn on my phone after resets, battery drains, lockups, etc. I go into the settings and hit "Applications", "Running Services" and shut off "GTalk Services". I got double the batt life if not a little more, I run with screen brightness all the way up, GPS full location ON, still play with it alot, and I rack up 1500 minutes a month on my bill so I actually use it as a phone ALOT!

I use "ebuddy" for all of my im needs and it covers Google Talk.

I am running DroidMod 1.0, clocked at 1gig max 600 min.

I would give that a try and I hope that helps!!
Old 04-06-2010, 11:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I think it could be rom related. I keep it pegged at 1.2ghz and I get at least 12 hours with moderate use. If I don't use it much at all, I will still have 80% left at the end of the day (midnight).
Old 04-12-2010, 11:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: verizon

xsatanx is just getting started

Im running the newest cycanogen mod also it seems to be if you install a theme over it cell standby jumps to 50-70% but as soon as you take the theme off it goes down to 3-7%.Ive tested and seen it..Something to do with the framework the themes are being made on,not tying in right with the rom i guess..

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid