PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 12:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: motorola droid
Carrier: verizon

travisjulian is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to travisjulian
Re: Favorite ROM and Why???

oh well maybe i should take a look then, only thing is im trying not to wipe my device clean is there a way to avoid that. where should i start im sure there are things i have to do before i flash right??
Old 03-31-2010, 12:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisjulian View Post
oh well maybe i should take a look then, only thing is im trying not to wipe my device clean is there a way to avoid that. where should i start im sure there are things i have to do before i flash right??
Well since you have already updated to the official 2.1 (according to your post in the other tread), unfortunately you won't be able to go back. You would have to root first before running DM 1.0, and since the official 2.1 blocks root (isn't rooted yet), you are SOL at the moment. Sorry man.

Last edited by tvandyck7; 03-31-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvandyck7 View Post
Well since you have already updated to the official 2.1 (according to your post in the other tread), unfortunately you won't be able to go back. You would have to root first before running DM 1.0, and since the official 2.1 blocks root (isn't rooted yet), you are SOL at the moment. Sorry man.
The official 2.1 has already been rooted by a couple of different people. One on Alldroid.org and another on Droidforums.net. Also, you can go back by flashing a SBF file to get you back to 2.01 or the older 2.1.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 03-31-2010, 01:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
The official 2.1 has already been rooted by a couple of different people. One on Alldroid.org and another on Droidforums.net. Also, you can go back by flashing a SBF file to get you back to 2.01 or the older 2.1.
Really? That's good to know. I didn't realize they had made it that far yet. They're quick. Sorry for the misleading info Travis.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I posted a link to a stock ESE81 file in the ROM forum but I will post it here too. You must be rooted all ready to use this.

http://alldroid.org/threads/16669-ES...U-amp-Baseband

There is also another version that is not quite complete by boostdscoob that will take you from non-rooted to ESE81 (though I would recommend waiting a bit for it to be completed.

http://alldroid.org/threads/16665-DO...ed-deodexed%29
Old 04-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: motorola droid

travisjulian is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to travisjulian

ok so know i just load one of those roms above on my phone and thats it??
Old 04-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Well it depends on what you want to do. If you want to go back to the 2.0.1 or the old 2.1, do as Blazingwolf said with the SBF file. Since 2.1 has been rooted, you could just root and flash a new 2.1 rom. The only thing is that there probably currently are more/better roms with 2.0.1 or the old 2.1. It's really not as difficult as it sounds. After rooting, it is as easy as can be.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid, Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

magicdan7 is a n00b

Hi guys,

The originator of the thread here...
Just an update...I have tried several of the ROMS out.
I liked all of them, but IMHO...The 2 most stable and fun ROMS I have tried or DROIDMOD's and Smoked Glass 6.0.1. !

I am currently running without any issues ADAMZ's SG 6.0.1 and am loving it.
Running on my Moto Droid @ 600 to 1 GHZ with 150 apps.

So there you go, thanks for all the input here and via PM.

Anyone else out there who has tried SM and thinks I should check out any other ROMS that have shown up on the seen...PLEASE let me know. I am always looking for a great excuse to try out something better if its out there.

Have fun being different,
Dan
Old 04-04-2010, 01:14 AM
Droidgeek
Pocket PC: Rooted MotoDroid w/mish mash of ROMs

banden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuff

I firmly believe the team of Boostdscoob and Jake are making the highest calibre ROMs out there. Boost was the first to deodex the ese81 and Jake's made kernels that actually boot and run at 1800Mhz (although not too stable).

They did team up with Droid > who made the Elegance theme which I really do like; however Droid > isn't nearly as active as Boost and Jake so he's always a couple weeks behind.

I just donated to REALigion to get access to the DarkEdge theme so that should have me pretty happy with the guts and the glory.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511

my droid is coming in the mail tomorrow. from what ive seen cyanogenmod looks awesome!!! i dont understand why everyone isnt using it... is there some problem with it? i think any rom with launcher 2 working in landscape is my kind of rom. the only think i dont like is how it doesnt include any google apps but after installing the addon theyre all there!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Tags
bugless beauty, droid mod, roms, smoked glass