PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2010, 11:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache>>>>Raphael/Touch Pro CDMA>>>>IMAGIO>>>Droid
Carrier: metroPCS

Wtanis is keeping up the good workWtanis is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Motorola Droid on Cricket??

Does metro have 3g? Im in south fla and my droid is flashed to metro but i only have 1x....i love the phone but damn so many widgets and apps require a decent connection....i become a fool whenever i spot wifi..i wish this was as easy as phone
Old 05-17-2010, 12:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2
Carrier: MetroPCS

mikezpc is keeping up the good workmikezpc is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wtanis View Post
Does metro have 3g? Im in south fla and my droid is flashed to metro but i only have 1x....i love the phone but damn so many widgets and apps require a decent connection....i become a fool whenever i spot wifi..i wish this was as easy as phone
lol i hear ya. same here!
im still on my TP2 for now, but already got the droid, changed and updated PRL for metropcs but it still wont show in the banner, i get nothing there. do you mind sharing any of ur settings, should be pretty close since we r both in south florida. thanks
Old 05-17-2010, 09:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid A855
Carrier: Cricket

XSYLUS is a n00b

Okay, I have my Droid on Cricket; talk, text, and web work fine but MMS won't send. I'm not sure if the MMS settings are solely based on the APNs or if there are other settings that effect outgoing MMS. My APN settings are listed below:

Name: Cricket
APN: internet
Proxy: wap.mycricket.com
Port: 8080
Username: MDN@mycricket.com
Password: cricket
Server: wap.mycricket.com
MMSC: http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy: wap.mycricket.com
MMS Port: 8080
MCC 310
MNC 004
Authentication Type: PAP or CHAP

Is anyone able to send MMS using the above settings? Personally I think the MMSC is wrong but I haven't seen an alternative. I'm able to receive MMS just fine but sending fails. Note that I'm not trying to send a large MMS either I'm not even including a picture in my test MMS. The size of the MMS I'm trying to send is 1KB, some people say that they can't send more than 970KB but 1KB should send without any issues or even a delay.

Thanks.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I one of those that blame cricket before the device. It looks like everything is correct, have you had the MMS refreshed on your account?
Old 05-19-2010, 01:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch

dabin is a n00b
Angry Re: Motorola Droid on Cricket??

I am having the same problem with my droid. I have changed every setting that I have read on. MMS is the only thing I cant get going and I did have my phone refreshed. Question can you received MMS cause I cant. So, I thought that would have been part of the problem as I was able to receive MMS with the ANycut trick on the Eris. But on the MOTO D I cant send or receive??????
Old 05-19-2010, 01:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch

dabin is a n00b

I used the NV method to get my settings. Should I go into QPST and set the setting by Ryan rules althought the settings are for HTC model phones?????
Old 05-19-2010, 03:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker

hey guys i have a question, how were you guys able to flash it to metro or cricket using houdini ?
i installed the drivers
setup a virtual serial port at com20 port 11008
booted phone holding T and connected the virtual port to the right IP that i got from Ipconfig incremented by 1. so it was 192.168.16.2
now when connected to houdini, i read somewhere to use MOT W835 from the list, but i got an error saying couldn't get MAC address (or something similar) i tried another motorola phone from the list and got the same thing, i tried the HTC Hero200 and got the same thing.
any assistance on how to set it up with houdini would be greatly appreciated. on another note, i do have the metropcs PRL 2001, then called and updated it so now it shows 2004. i have all the other settings correct i believe. however when i call *228 for example, the phone still doesn't think that it's "Activated" is that because its not connected to a line (and on metropcs network) or will i only be able to get rid of that by getting an ativation code from verizon ?

Thanks so much in advance
Old 05-20-2010, 01:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezpc View Post
lol i hear ya. same here!
im still on my TP2 for now, but already got the droid, changed and updated PRL for metropcs but it still wont show in the banner, i get nothing there. do you mind sharing any of ur settings, should be pretty close since we r both in south florida. thanks
I wish I could help..... before I switched I thought android would be just as easy as WinMo but nope I wasnt able to figure out anything and was forced to find someone on craigslist to do everything for me.....the good part is that they were able to get mms to work
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wtanis View Post
I wish I could help..... before I switched I thought android would be just as easy as WinMo but nope I wasnt able to figure out anything and was forced to find someone on craigslist to do everything for me.....the good part is that they were able to get mms to work
i see, do u mind me asking how much they charged and where it was done ?
im in ft laudy most weekends anyway lol
what about wifi, is that working too ?
do u happen to know how they flashed it using houdini ? which device did they select from the list ?
Old 05-20-2010, 07:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezpc View Post
i see, do u mind me asking how much they charged and where it was done ?
im in ft laudy most weekends anyway lol
what about wifi, is that working too ?
do u happen to know how they flashed it using houdini ? which device did they select from the list ?
Actually Miami has all the droid flashing. I searched for a while to find someone in Ft. Lauderdale but but no real luck with anyone that I trrusted would do it right. With the people I know of, they have everything working including wifi and mms. The person who flashed mine was in Kendell and he also rooted and installed a new rom onto it. You can pm if you want the numbers of the people/stores flashing.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid