PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2009, 12:33 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Unwanted/unused OEM apps

Wow! This stuff is coming along quickly! Filthy1, as long as there's a safe reliable way to back up your phone the risk is significantly reduced. I'm not going to tell anyone that it's totally safe, but I trust the opinions of most of the other guys that have posted here too

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 12-22-2009, 04:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: droid
Carrier: verizon wireless

filthy1 is a n00b

I agree but I think I still want to wait till the risk vs. reward is more in my favor there just isn't that much to do with one that is rooted right now because everyone is still learning about 2.0 and supposedly we will get another update in Jan. so.... I may wait it out and see after that.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid / Omnia II
Carrier: The Dark Side

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Actually, you folks thinking about waiting to root your phone may want to get on it before that update as it may close the hole that was exploited to gain root access. If that happens you may be waiting awhile for root to happen again because all the devs will already have it, therefore no reason for them to work on that problem again...
Why donate to one person, when you can support the site that makes it all possible instead

Last edited by parkjam; 12-22-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:59 PM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkjam View Post
Actually, you folks thinking about waiting to root your phone may want to get on it before that update as it may close the hole that was exploited to gain root access. If that happens you may be waiting awhile for root to happen again because all the devs will already have it, therefore no reason for them to work on that problem again...
even if we did "root" our phones now wouldn't we lose it anyways once the update comes?
Old 12-23-2009, 12:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: droid
Carrier: verizon wireless

filthy1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0mbiexx View Post
even if we did "root" our phones now wouldn't we lose it anyways once the update comes?
I was kinda thinking the same thing
Old 12-23-2009, 12:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
No, once you root your phone, you disable OTA updates do you don't have to worry about losing it when an update comes, and then flash the update manually via a "custom" rom
Old 12-23-2009, 02:12 AM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Droid: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Is there any step by step guides to rooting etc last time I seen the root just su access insdk
Old 12-23-2009, 11:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Wirelessly posted (Droid: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Is there any step by step guides to rooting etc last time I seen the root just su access insdk
I just put something together that should help out. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=102966

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid