PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2009, 10:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung
Carrier: VZW

Sarge, USMC is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unwanted/unused OEM apps

is there a way to remove unwanted/unused OEM apps? Facebook, Corporate Calenday, etc etc.......probably not, but can't hurt to ask.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Unwanted/unused OEM apps

Only if you root the phone.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: droid
Carrier: verizon wireless

filthy1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
Only if you root the phone.

Have they made this any easier or more stable yet.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:27 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

For the average users (this category includes me) I would still recommend waiting until the guys like Blazingwolf have it all figured out. There really is very little benefit to rooting at this point until the whiz kids put out some custom content that requires rooting removing the inbuilt apps seems like kind of a Trivial thing to risk bricking your phone for.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

filthy1 is a n00b
Smile Re: Unwanted/unused OEM apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
For the average users (this category includes me) I would still recommend waiting until the guys like Blazingwolf have it all figured out. There really is very little benefit to rooting at this point until the whiz kids put out some custom content that requires rooting removing the inbuilt apps seems like kind of a Trivial thing to risk bricking your phone for.

Well having listened to your advice before and had it pay off I'm gonna listen to you again and wait....I'm not new to custom roms or flashing by any stretch as both my htc vogue and all my blackberry phones were highly modified but this is my first android device and I love it so I don't wanna brick it. Thanks again
Old 12-21-2009, 10:51 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

No problem man, pretty much everyone here is learning about this system at the moment, some of us just have a little more free time to browse all the Droid forums and learn from other peoples mistakes lol. I'm not sure if Blazingwolf is planning on creating a custom ROM for this phone or not, but if he does, I figure it'll be one of the best ones available.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

gardobus is becoming a great contributor

There are some cool things to do with a rooted Droid already. There is a 2.1 rom if you want to play with the newest version of Android, there are transparent/skinned notification shades, you can remove those apps you are referring to, change the boot animation, take screenshots of any app without connecting to a PC, and there are some other little things you can do.

On that note, since I rooted, all I've done is take screenshots :ROFL:
Old 12-21-2009, 10:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

filthy1 is a n00b

yeah but having no experience with android I don't want to turn my droid into an expensive paperweight..
Old 12-21-2009, 11:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by filthy1 View Post
yeah but having no experience with android I don't want to turn my droid into an expensive paperweight..
Pretty hard to do once you have the recovery stuff by SirPsychoS on your phone. Heck, there is even a program you can put on your Droid to help you do everything to it. You must be rooted first though.

http://alldroid.org/viewtopic.php?f=210&t=792

I'm way to new to Android to be of much help yet. I'm trying to learn but I've got awhile to go plus a lot of family things on the plate with the holidays.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid / Omnia II
Carrier: The Dark Side

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Once you follow blazingwolf's link to root your Droid, hit this link as the very first post explains how to do exactly what you are trying to do!

http://alldroid.org/viewtopic.php?f=210&t=581

Having done it myself, I can say it was relatively painless to accomplish, the programs remain on your phone with this method, so its easy to get them back, but they no longer take up room in your app drawer. I HATE staring at icons for programs I never use, so it was nice to get them gone!
Why donate to one person, when you can support the site that makes it all possible instead

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid