PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

nerdherd is keeping up the good worknerdherd is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Manual 2.0.1 Update (Zip Inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by banden View Post
Nice catch nerdherd. (I feel mean for calling you nerdherd)
Haha, it's alright. I mean it's my self-chosen name isn't it? Well, it actually started as a joke from watching Chuck (good show by the way). The main character works at a store called "Buy More" (which is the show's version of Best Buy), but instead of having a Geek Squad, they are called the Nerd Herd Someone jokingly called me that once and I thought it would make a good username.

But on topic, I've noticed a few strange things so far on my home screen...like when I pulled my phone out of the media dock my home screen lost most of the icons and widgets (like three stayed, but the rest were gone). Once I rebooted they were back though. And another time my widgets temporarily jumped to different screens until I swiped around. Strange stuff. Hopefully the reboot fixed everything.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: droid
Carrier: verizon

czdaryle is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdherd View Post
Well, I finally remembered that Steel will let you download anything you want, so I just downloaded the file that way and am in the process of updating right now...

UPDATE: Cool, it installed fine and everything seems to be working really well. I like the new black widgets. Home screen scrolling is a little better, and the browser feels just a hair faster in rendering web pages. Otherwise it doesn't seem a whole lot different so far.
is this a market place app called steel...couldn't find it...I would like the capability of downloading files...thanks
Old 12-10-2009, 11:38 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by czdaryle View Post
is this a market place app called steel...couldn't find it...I would like the capability of downloading files...thanks
Steel is indeed an app, a browser actually. There are other programs that will also let you download any file type with the default browser. Astro File Manager, and Download Crutch are 2 very popular apps that will let the browser download anything. Oh, and all of them are free.

Steel browser - http://www.androlib.com/android.appl...steel-BEC.aspx

Astro File Manager - http://www.androlib.com/android.appl...astro-qzq.aspx

Download Crutch - http://www.androlib.com/android.appl...rutch-jjz.aspx

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid