PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Manual 2.0.1 Update (Zip Inside)

Download 2.0.1 Update

Original Thread

Last edited by z0mbiexx; 12-09-2009 at 05:19 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:20 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Manual 2.0.1 Update (Zip Inside)

Good find. Wont be long now till we start seeing custom ROMs for it.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 12-08-2009, 11:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Alltel

bleeblak8 is just getting started

Do you have to have the droid rooted in order to do the update?
Old 12-08-2009, 11:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleeblak8 View Post
Do you have to have the droid rooted in order to do the update?
No. Follow the instructions in the first post of the thread mentioned above and the update will work just fine. Running it on mine with no issues so far.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 12-08-2009, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Alltel

bleeblak8 is just getting started

How is the new unlock screen?
Old 12-09-2009, 12:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

nerdherd is keeping up the good worknerdherd is keeping up the good work

Ok, I'm a little confused...this thread says the file is to manually update the Droid, but the linked forum says the update file is to root the Droid. Does it both install the 2.0.1 update AND root the phone at the same time? Forgive me if I'm missing something blatantly obvious (it happens to me all the time).
Old 12-09-2009, 12:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleeblak8 View Post
How is the new unlock screen?
Different. I think I like the older one better but this is similar enough that it shouldn't be much of a bother. You have to touch and drag one side or the other. When you do that the other side disappears and you have a small dot that you drag to.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:07 AM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdherd View Post
Ok, I'm a little confused...this thread says the file is to manually update the Droid, but the linked forum says the update file is to root the Droid. Does it both install the 2.0.1 update AND root the phone at the same time? Forgive me if I'm missing something blatantly obvious (it happens to me all the time).
download update link downloads the update to 2.0.1 the thread is linked because i got it from there only. and it has the root which is suppose to work with 2.0.1 update.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:28 AM
That guy with the axe

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Everyone please be careful with the rooting. It's exciting news, but I've talked to someone that used it on 2 droids and now both droids cant receive or make calls. This is only one person, but I think it might be wise to hold off until more info comes around.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:26 AM
That guy with the axe

Crisis averted, the person I was talking to got both phones working again, but still, use caution with the rooting. I would actually recommend just waiting for the update over the air at this point since there's really nothing to be gained from the rooting aside from having the update a couple of days early.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid