PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2010, 06:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

mlevin77 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
is the next version of Droid X due anytime soon?

I'd like to upgrade from a Windows Mobile 6.5 Imagio to something like the Droid X (I'm on Verizon; don't need a separate keyboard, and would like the screen as big as possible with the top specs for speed, memory, etc., and ideally capability for GSM or CDMA - world phone). I want to make the change before mid-March. Does anyone know if the next version of the Droid X is likely to be available by then? If not, I might as well get an X now. Of course sooner or later something better will come along, but in the next 2 months or so, is something with better specs expected (either Motorola or HTC or whatever)?

thanks in advance.

Mike
Old 12-16-2010, 11:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP
Re: is the next version of Droid X due anytime soon?

There was a rumor of a Droid X "SE" version coming, that may have been killed my Motorola, prepping for a DX Global version...

Verizon Killing Motorola Droid X SE, Prepping Droid X Global?

All rumors though...just wanted to post what I had seen.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

ozzyhead is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlevin77 View Post
I'd like to upgrade from a Windows Mobile 6.5 Imagio to something like the Droid X (I'm on Verizon; don't need a separate keyboard, and would like the screen as big as possible with the top specs for speed, memory, etc., and ideally capability for GSM or CDMA - world phone). I want to make the change before mid-March. Does anyone know if the next version of the Droid X is likely to be available by then? If not, I might as well get an X now. Of course sooner or later something better will come along, but in the next 2 months or so, is something with better specs expected (either Motorola or HTC or whatever)?

thanks in advance.

Mike
To make a long story short. Go get the DX. If you "must have a world phone" go with the droid pro, but its screen is far smaller. I have DX coming from TP2 Win 6.5. I haven't looked back and I can't put this phone down. I love it!
Old 12-18-2010, 07:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Threadstarter

mlevin77 is just getting started

are all these phones with capacitive screens and does this mean that a stylus doesn't work (you have to use your finger)?

Mike
Old 12-20-2010, 11:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X

racedog is keeping up the good workracedog is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlevin77 View Post
are all these phones with capacitive screens and does this mean that a stylus doesn't work (you have to use your finger)?

Mike
There's no reason to have or need a stylus with the capacitative screen. I used WinMO for the last ten years and was used to having to have and use a stylus. One of the big benefits for me going from WM 6.5 to Android was neither having nor needing that stylus. Its a nice freedom!

I never thought I would get used to having and using a screen keyboard, but I have and I can type faster on it than I could with the resistive screen either with the stylus or a touch screen keyboard.

R
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X