PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2010, 12:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: moto droid x
Carrier: verizon

storey1644 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
battery life

bought a droid x and love the phone. im new to smartphones. only problem i have is the blame battery. are they working on a extended battery are is there something else i can try
Old 08-15-2010, 05:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tbolt - Bamf Remix 1.6 Oc'ed 1.3,DX - Apex 1.4
Carrier: Verizon

Padron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: battery life

check this out

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=131063
Old 09-12-2010, 05:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

We can all expect horrible battery life. I have the HTC Evo with Sprint...and well it sucks the battery life pretty quick. Can't say it's really any worse than my TP2 I had...they both are Smartphones that have crazy specs...even the Droid X does..my sister and brother in law have the X and love it. Just have to get used to the battery life, or be like me and have 2 spare battery's just in case, all of which were free.... :P
Old 09-12-2010, 05:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

battery life is great on the droid x compared to all top android phones released in the last several months.
Android Battery Test Reveals Droid X Lasts Longest, AMOLED Handsets Trail
Old 09-15-2010, 02:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

The verizon extended battery is awesome. EVen though it is slightly fatter, it still fits inside a shell case and the power of it is amazing.

I use the hell out of my phone and yesterday I used it for 14 hours and still had plenty of battery left. I leave my gps on at all times and my screen never times out.

John
Old 09-15-2010, 02:03 PM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I can also add, my battery life is about 4 times better than my bosses evo.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

I had an Evo and you could not go ANYWHERE without a charger being close by. Ive got a DX now and the battery longevity is WAY better. I can go all day without a charge. I keep a lot of things running in the background like my email, weather, facebook, ECT.

I do keep BT, WiFi and GPS off because I dont need them but they were off on my Evo also. To me the DX is FAR better. No complaints about battery life here.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:11 PM
VIP Member

My boss finally dumped his EVO, switched to verizon, and bought an X.

His main complaint was the atrocious EVO battery life.

John
Old 09-27-2010, 09:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid X

Copper701 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
We can all expect horrible battery life. I have the HTC Evo with Sprint...and well it sucks the battery life pretty quick. Can't say it's really any worse than my TP2 I had...they both are Smartphones that have crazy specs...even the Droid X does..my sister and brother in law have the X and love it. Just have to get used to the battery life, or be like me and have 2 spare battery's just in case, all of which were free.... :P
FREE? Do tell.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Now on Droid X

mhzimmer is a n00b

I'm using the Seidio extended battery. Same form factor so it fits right into the original shell without needing a larger battery cover. It does feel slightly heavier though. And at 1750mah it gets me through a heavy day of usage with plenty of power to spare!

Droid X is unbeatable right now when it comes to battery life...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X