PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 10:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc Trophy WP7, formerly Droid X, htc Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

t0adman is keeping up the good workt0adman is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best cases for Droid X?

My wife just got the Droid X and she's notorious for beating the living sh!t out of her phones. What do you guys/gals recommend for cases? While we're at it, what do you like for screen covers too?
Old 08-05-2010, 11:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

microdot is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to microdot
Re: Best cases for Droid X?

I am back and forth on cases. The day i got my droid x i got the case front facing snap on holster. In my opinion the best way to protect the screen because the phone snaps into the case face first but then the rest of the phone is exposed.

I was then concerned about scratching the lens of the camera when i put the phone down on its back and bought one of those silicone cases wraps around the phone but because its rubbery it sticks in you pocket and is a pain to get out.

I feel that the hard smooth snap on covers add to much bulk so to be honest i have not found the perfect case for myself.

As far as a screen portector go i boght an invisible shield and best buy. $20 which is crazy for one screen protector but it really good. Very happy with it and its suppose to have a lifetime warrenty.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tbolt - Bamf Remix 1.6 Oc'ed 1.3,DX - Apex 1.4

Padron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i was about to start a thread on this last weekend, when i picked up 2 different vzw cases. the best thing that i found for me was the silicone black vzw case with the leather belt case for the X. each of the cases were 20 each. for 40 i really dont have to much to worry about

the silicone one will keep it fairly secure when im using it, and the leather belt holster case will do the rest.
It is a pretty tight fit at first, but give it a few days and the holster case will stretch out and fit it real nice.

only problem of the holster case is, is that i can barely hear the ringer when it goes off.
this case is made better than the universal vzw cases that id bought before from vzw.

i like the skin cases but not sure how long they will last

Last edited by Padron26; 08-06-2010 at 12:18 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I recently got this case:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...d=12211&page=1

& I love it.

I carry it in a leather VZ belt case.

~John

Last edited by jmorton10; 08-06-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

microdot is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to microdot

Like the kick stand. Does that case add a lot of bulk? The other issue i have with any case is that it prevents you from using any of the docks. I just bough the car dock today and dont think you will be able to put it in there with a case on. I also own the media dock the same problem
Old 08-06-2010, 11:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

tornshadow is a n00b

I have the body glove case and the anti-glare screen protectors from VZW. The body glove is REALLY nice because I work in a tough environment and my X has no scratches at all with this thing. The VZW screen protectors do quite well as well.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by microdot View Post
? The other issue i have with any case is that it prevents you from using any of the docks.
Yea, you're definitely right about that.

I have both the car & the home docks & neither one works with this case.

I decided I like the case so much that I would switch to a universal car bracket (VZ has a really nice one for $19) & just plug the phone in at home & skip the home dock.

Using a universal car bracket, I can still use the "CarDock" software (although I hardly ever use it anyway) & I can easily flip the bracket sideways for GPS, video or SlingMobile use.

~John
Old 08-10-2010, 12:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

mikenerd is keeping up the good workmikenerd is keeping up the good work
try dock simulator in the market. It turns on the bedside dock for you. Very cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by microdot View Post
Like the kick stand. Does that case add a lot of bulk? The other issue i have with any case is that it prevents you from using any of the docks. I just bough the car dock today and dont think you will be able to put it in there with a case on. I also own the media dock the same problem

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2010, 02:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia

bigrckstr is a n00b

i got the case they have at best buy. its a rubber coated case. Works pretty well, fits nice, and i like the red color. makes it stand out above all the other cases.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Yea, you're definitely right about that.

I have both the car & the home docks & neither one works with this case.

I decided I like the case so much that I would switch to a universal car bracket (VZ has a really nice one for $19) & just plug the phone in at home & skip the home dock.

Using a universal car bracket, I can still use the "CarDock" software (although I hardly ever use it anyway) & I can easily flip the bracket sideways for GPS, video or SlingMobile use.

~John
Is there a place on your dock you can put a magnet that will touch the bottom of the battery cover? If you put the magnet with one polarity in about the center of the bottom of the battery door it will turn on the car dock software. The other polarity will turn on the home dock software.

Nokia6110 - RazrV3 -LG8700 ------TP1 ---Imagio -- Tbolt - RazrMaxx
----MotoV710 -LG8600 - XV8600 ------TP2 ----DroidX - Gnex -RazrMaxxHD
(Palm T5, VZW-Xoom,VZW Xyboard)

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X