PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you staying with WM?
Converted to Droid X 83 85.57%
Converted to Android 6 6.19%
Waiting for WM7 to decide 5 5.15%
Staying with WM Periord 3 3.09%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010, 04:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

teddy1971 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any TP2 Converts Here?

I have been a windows mobile fan ever since the Compaq IPaq's. I've always thought that WM would be the way to go with the flexability it offers. I purchase a TP2 last October and have loved it every step of the way. But I admit that I have been unfaithful. I purchased the Droid for my wife in Nov of last year and have been eying her device ever since. I would play with it when she wasn't around and add apps to it when she wasn't looking. She would ask me how it got installed and I would tell her it's just an upgrade of some sort. In the end I had to be true to myself and realize that WM and I have grown apart. I received my Droid X on Friday, 7/16 and haven't looked back.

Are there any others out there who have converted to the Droid X?

Last edited by teddy1971; 07-19-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: verizon

Zaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Any TP2 Converts Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy1971 View Post
I have been a windows mobile fan ever since the Compaq IPaq's. I've always thought that WM would be the way to go with the flexability it offers. I purchase a TP2 last October and have loved it every step of the way. But I admit that I have been unfaithful. I purchased the Droid for my wife in Nov of last year and have been eying her device ever since. I would play with it when she wasn't around and add apps to it when she wasn't looking. She would ask me how it got installed and I would tell her it's just an upgrade of some sort. In the end I had to be true to myself and realize that WM and I have grown apart. I received my Droid X on Friday, 7/16 and haven't looked back.

Are there any others out there who have converted to the Droid X?
Me too. I actually bought the Droid 1 on Launch day last year, but had some trouble 'assimilating' into the Droid commune. I took my Droid back within the 30 days and got my TP2. Have loved the TP2 and all the custom stuff I have been able to do (Cooked my own ROMs, etc).
In the end, however, WinMo 6.X is dead. No new hardware coming our way. I am less than enthused about Win Phone 7, so I had to jump back into the Adroid fold.

Got my X on Launch day, and despite having to re-learn things, I'm pretty happy I did.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I have had my TP2 since the day they became available.

Running NRG ROMs it has been awesome:

I have loved every minute of owning that phone (I still have it). I have owned a TON of phones & that has been hands down the best phone I have ever owned.

That being said, it took about one day to spoilf the hell out of me with the speed etc of the X. This phone is totally awesome & I can't imagine ever going back to WM at this point (& I have been running it since the Apache days)

~John
Old 07-20-2010, 02:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Loving it here on the X from the TP2 by way of the Imagio. I'll still keep my TP2. The Imagio has become redundant. One advantage I am seeing is the tethering speed. I did this test just now in the same spot that I always sit in on the couch.

The best I ever saw on the TP2/Imagio was 1.6 mbps up. Anyone else seeing fantastic speeds? I wonder what is making the difference. Is it the antenna? The android? The processor?

Nokia6110 - RazrV3 -LG8700 ------TP1 ---Imagio -- Tbolt - RazrMaxx
----MotoV710 -LG8600 - XV8600 ------TP2 ----DroidX - Gnex -RazrMaxxHD
(Palm T5, VZW-Xoom,VZW Xyboard)
Old 07-20-2010, 11:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

racedog is keeping up the good workracedog is keeping up the good work

I never used the TP2 but I have been using WinMO for about ten years now. I moved to the Imagio in October of last year when I switched to VZW and it was OK. When the DINC came out I saw it at the store and knew it was time to leave WinMo behind so I sold my Imagio and bought myself the DINC.

My wife was still using her iPhone, she loved the phone but service was a mess. She finally tired of the lousy service and agreed to move to VZW and I bought her a Droid (since there were no DINC's to be had). She had the Incredible for a couple of weeks when I noticed that the D X was about to drop so we switched phones, she now has the DINC and I turned the droid back in (under 30 days) for the D X for myself.

Stil having an issue with syncing to my Outlook (no exchange server) but finding some potential options for that. I love the screen size for these aging eyes and the speed. My wife is loving the DINC.

I really doubt that Win7 for mobile is going to be able to tear me away from the Android OS. They are just way too late and quite a few dollars short and their new closed OS sounds way too much like Apple.

R
Old 07-20-2010, 05:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tbolt - Bamf Remix 1.6 Oc'ed 1.3,DX - Apex 1.4

Padron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

One advantage I am seeing is the tethering speed. I did this test just now in the same spot that I always sit in on the couch.

The best I ever saw on the TP2/Imagio was 1.6 mbps up. Anyone else seeing fantastic speeds? I wonder what is making the difference. Is it the antenna? The android? The processor?[/QUOTE]

what is your average speed, not just at home but out and about.
is it always around 3 1/4 mb/s. if it is that is frickin sweet.

(im thinking about getting a droid x that is why im here)
Old 07-21-2010, 08:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: DroidX

kiwiruss is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwiruss

Had my work TP2 replaced with the DX last week and love the speed, screen and overall coolness.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Verizon Touch Pro2
Mightyrom and Energyrom user.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padron26 View Post

what is your average speed, not just at home but out and about.
is it always around 3 1/4 mb/s. if it is that is frickin sweet.

(im thinking about getting a droid x that is why im here)

this one is at my office this morning about 55 miles away from where I live and where the previous testwas conducted.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:28 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

Just got my X ordered today! Cant wait to start trying to customize it

Old 07-21-2010, 01:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Awesome!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X