PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2010, 03:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i910
Carrier: Verizon

snickle is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quick Review after 63 hours

I got my Droid X at 12:30am on Thursday. So hear are my impressions so far.

First, let me note that my last several phones have been Windows Mobile based.

Screen: Huge and great quality picture.

On-Screen Keyboard: The screen is big enough and responsive enough that this works well. Especially in Landscape.

Voice Quality: Excellent on both on the handset and Bluetooth. Way better than my Omnia.

Installed Apps: Seem pretty good, nothing too annoying.

City ID pops up occasionally to ask my to buy it. The manufacturer says at the 15 day mark I can discontinue the trial and it will stop bothering me.

Google Sky Map is cool. My daughter and I spent an hour outside last night using the Droid X to locate stars an constellations.

Corporate Sync with Exchange appears to work as well as ActiveSync did on my Omnia. The only thing is my contacts have disappeared twice only to come back a couple of minute later. I will keep an eye on this.

Game Play: I have installed several game and they seem very responsive, including some driving game with lots of graphics. Interesting though, is I installed a solitaire game and the cards lag when I drag them.

Internet Speed: It has been great. Again better than my Omnia by far.

Android Marketplace: Lots of apps both free and otherwise.

Motoblur: I am not really sure what this is, but so far it has not bothered me. I see people complain about it, but I have noticed. Of course I do not use any social network sites.

Battery: Hard to tell I make it though a day no problem, but it is close at the end of the day. Of course I am playing around with the phone all day, so we will have to see once I settle down into a routine.

Summary: So far a great phone. I look forward to Android 2.2 and Flash.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X