PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X > Moto Droid X Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2010, 04:47 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
☢Upgrade to Froyo (Droid 2.2) RIGHT NOW on Droid X ☢ Froyo 2.3.13 Deodexed is HERE☢

☢Important Notes☢

Watch a Video Tutorial on How to Upgrade to Froyo

Links for Downloads

Get update.zip form HERE or HERE
Root your device with the 1-Click Root Method found HERE

Last edited by bignadad; 09-25-2010 at 05:56 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:32 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
Re: Droid X Recovery (DXR) Released! Step by Step Instructions Coming!

Only use this method if stuck in bootloop or have errors installing froyo

☢Important Notes☢

* Applying SBF will perform a factory reset and wipe all data off your device
* I have tested this method and had no problems

To Apply SBF

1a. Download RSD Lite

SBF INSTRUCTIONS: Install the RSDLite 4.7 program by double clicking on the program.
Move the pst_flash.ini file into the following folder --> Program Files/Motorola/RSDLite

1b. Download .604 update HERE rename to update.zip and place in root of SDcard

1c. Download SBF from HERE

2. Install the drivers that apply to your Operating System. (attached are Win 64 bit drivers)

3. Unzip the SBF into a folder.

4. Open RSD Lite and find the UNZIPPED SBF

5. Put your Motorola Droid X in bootloader mode (With Device off, Press Volume Down and camera buttons then press power). Now connect the Droid X via usb.

6. Click start and sit back.

7. Device will reboot automatically and you will need to remove battery to power down

To Apply .604

1. Press home button then power button to boot in recovery.

2. Press search key to show recover options

3. Use volume rocker to move down to "run update.zip"

4. Press okay

5. After completed scroll down to format device and click ok

6. After formats complete scroll up to reboot device

Use 1 Click Root

1. Download File droidxroot.zip from HERE

2. Plug in droid x and set to pc mode

3. Made sure USB debugging is enabled (settings...applications...development)

4. Run 1 Click Root

5. You have to toggle bluetooth and press continue at same time (when it ask you to) Can try again if it doesn't work the first time

6. You can now Apply Froyo 2.2 Update

Last edited by bignadad; 09-25-2010 at 05:56 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:39 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

Re: ☢Flash Froyo (Droid 2.2) Today on Droid X ☢ (DXR) Droid X Recovery Released! ☢

Official Froyo Changes

Applications
�� The Froyo version of the Android OS is designed to provide improved application performance.
�� Froyo gives you the option to Allow automatic updating for Android Market apps you download.
�� Froyo brings the ability to rotate your phone up to 270° and your apps will display properly.
�� Froyo offers tips, shortcuts, and assistance from the home-screen widget.
�� You will see improved video playback and applications will open faster and tasks will complete quicker.
�� Froyo gives you the option to select where applications are installed. You can select the phone memory or storage card memory depending on your needs.
�� You can choose to automatically update Android Market you download. This way you will always have the latest application installed.
�� Your applications will work when the phone is in portrait mode or turned to the left or right in landscape mode.
�� The home-screen widget makes it easy to get to know your new phone, read tips and get assistance.
Screen Brightness and Power
�� Froyo allows applications to override the OS power settings.
�� Froyo Car Dock applications will offer brightness controls making nighttime use of Car Dock applications more comfortable on your eyes.
�� Froyo allows applications to manage power settings to maximize battery life.
Gmail Application
�� Froyo allows you to quickly move through your Gmail messages using the new forward and back buttons.
Flash Support
�� Froyo allows you to download and install Adobe Flash so you can view your favorite Flash powered websites and access Flash based games.
Exchange ActiveSync Integration Improvements
Corporate Exchange email admins will appreciate the greater control provided by these Froyo powered improvements
�� Wipe after a certain number of password attempts and enforcement of auto lockout time.
Froyo corporate email security improvements give Exchange admins the ability to:
�� Remote wipe or remote lock the Android Smartphone1
�� Apply and enforce password length and complexity rules.
�� Apply rules to automatically wipe the Smartphone after the maximum number of invalid password attempts.
�� Apply inactivity timeout rules to automatically lock the phone.
Camera and Camcorder
�� Froyo enables the LED flash during video capture.
�� The LED flash improves your videos captured in low light situations.
�� Easy-to-use video formatting tools let you quickly format video for sharing via upload to video sharing services or video messaging.
�� The camera functions are easier to use with the on-screen buttons to control zoom, white-balance, focus and geo-tagging.
Bluetooth
Froyo Bluetooth voice dialing enhancements will confirm your voice commands both on-screen and by repeating your commands.

Last edited by bignadad; 08-20-2010 at 10:59 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

Veritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVeritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVeritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: ☢Flash Froyo (Droid 2.2) Today on Droid X ☢ (DXR) Droid X Recovery Released! ☢

Sweet, thanks!
Old 08-20-2010, 09:34 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

Re: ☢Flash Froyo (Droid 2.2) NOW on Droid X ☢ (DXR) Droid X Recovery Released! ☢

update.zip is posted on post 1

trying now and will provide feedback
Old 08-20-2010, 02:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: ☢Flash Froyo (Droid 2.2) RIGHT NOW on Droid X ☢ Updates Kernel/Working Flash!☢

freeking sweet. Done and done.

Nokia6110 - RazrV3 -LG8700 ------TP1 ---Imagio -- Tbolt - RazrMaxx
----MotoV710 -LG8600 - XV8600 ------TP2 ----DroidX - Gnex -RazrMaxxHD
(Palm T5, VZW-Xoom,VZW Xyboard)
Old 08-20-2010, 05:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff
Re: ☢Flash Froyo (Droid 2.2) RIGHT NOW on Droid X ☢ Updates Kernel/Working Flash!☢

Man- I thought people would be on this like white on rice (no offense to white people or people that like rice). But over here and over at xda- not much posting about how the update is going.

From the few of you that appear to have made the jump to 2.2 - how has it gone. Just curious. I am still waiting for my X in the mail.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: verizon

WythDryden is becoming a great contributor

I've been trying all day to apply this update. No matter what i do (uninstall and reinstall drivers) and even though it shows up everywhere else being fine and connected, i can't get the adb shell to recognize my device. It was previously one click rooted, but even uninstalling an reinstalling everything doesn't seem to work...
Old 08-20-2010, 06:18 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepolishguy View Post
Man- I thought people would be on this like white on rice (no offense to white people or people that like rice). But over here and over at xda- not much posting about how the update is going.

From the few of you that appear to have made the jump to 2.2 - how has it gone. Just curious. I am still waiting for my X in the mail.
My thread over at XDA is pretty active... its just a duplicate of this thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=758907
View count jumped from 1200 views this morning (originally started it last week) to almost 10k views now.... a lot of activity at XDA on this...

i also make notes of the significant changes i saw, which are

- New gallery layout

- Speed seems about the same

- Graphics look fine to me (saw some reports of fuzzyiness)

- New Widgets (Market, News and Weather, Picture Frame Plus Widget)

- Flash is working in internet browser

- Camera has a new layout

- Auto complete when searching in market

- AM/PM is now beside clock in taskbar

- Rotate to 270 degree Landscape

- Recent Apps is updated (press and hold home button)

Speed seems to be about the same for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WythDryden View Post
I've been trying all day to apply this update. No matter what i do (uninstall and reinstall drivers) and even though it shows up everywhere else being fine and connected, i can't get the adb shell to recognize my device. It was previously one click rooted, but even uninstalling an reinstalling everything doesn't seem to work...
Probably need to perfrom a sbf.... follow instructions in post 1
Old 08-20-2010, 10:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker

aamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to aamon17

Worked perfectly for me!!! BUT, I used the instructions here and avoided the CMD prompt steps above altogether. Both methods change permissions and move the SU file from the BIN folder to the XBIN folder. The instructions I link to above just seemed easier for me.

Thanks Big for bringing the update to everyone's attention here!!!
---- Former Verizon XV6700

Last edited by aamon17; 08-20-2010 at 10:12 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X > Moto Droid X Development