PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > LG Fathom

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2011, 04:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom VS750V7
Carrier: Verizon

trysomeothertime is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Multitasking Problems - Apps close by themselves

I have some issues with multitasking on this phone.

It seems that programs close rather randomly. I will have 79 Mb of free ram on boot, run FreeRam utility from SKTools, and still have programs close by themselves when I push the task manager button to switch to another program. This will happen even if I have just Opera Mini open, for example, which uses say 10 Mb. I switch to task manager, and then when I click on the Opera Mini line, it dissapears from the list. If I wait a few seconds without double tapping to switch, it also dissapears.

The issue is worse when say 5 apps are open. If I hit the task manager button, often I will find that perhaps only 2 or 1 of the 5 running programs are still running, while others have dissapeared, or will dissaprear within seconds of opening the task manager.

It is really annoying, since even my old SCH-i760 wouldn't force programs to close by themselves. I am getting a storage card to try to reinstall the programs on it (since all are installed to the main memory right now), but I am not sure if it would help.

Also, not sure, but perhaps the fact that I ran the "Clean" utility right out of the box from SKTools and deleted all invalid entries could have affected something?

Any help would be gladly appreciated.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom VS750V7
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

trysomeothertime is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Multitasking Problems - Apps close by themselves

All,

It looks like I have found the unofficial solution to this problem. The Fathom will aggressively shut down apps if the free RAM is below a certain amount. I think that LG actually put that in place.

AutoClosePatch by Chainfire from XDA Developers helps by bringing down the minimum RAM before the programs start auto-closing. Now my Fathom works very well.

Use at your own risk of course...I had to hard reset once, but now I made a backup using SKTools. The patch does not seem to have caused any issues so far, but multitasking is now possible!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > LG Fathom