PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > iPhone Apps/Games
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Get Co-Pilot USA REAL GPS for 4.99

I got it yesterday, you can't beat the price for a real GPS. Its only 5 bucks and you get all the USA maps directly to your phone. I got it yesterday and at this price its a steal. TomTom wanted 50 bucks for theirs. It has built in voice and for 2.99 extra you get TTS that pronounces street names through in app purchase.

The cool thing about this app is you don't need data since the maps are on board and it has 3D view. It looks and feels just like a real GPS similiar to Garmin or TomTom without the cost. The POI search is very well done and you can connect online for more info. It also has built in weather. IF you want Canada maps, its an extra 12.99 and if you want a traffic subscription, its 19.99 a year through in app purchase. Personally, I only bought the TTS for 2.99 since I can use google maps for traffic and I hardly go to Canada.

Not sure if the price is permanent or if its a special sale. Also, if you buy it, it takes like an hour to download it on a fast wifi connection since its a 1.5 GB download. Once you buy it, you can put it on other iphones that you own if you use the same app store name and password, just a hint.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT
Re: Get Co-Pilot USA REAL GPS for 4.99

Thanks man, good find..

Damn this is a hard decision. I Currently have NDrive and it works fine some glitches but for the most part fine. Seeing how it isnt in the app catalog anymore makes me believe that there wont be anymore updates for it so it makes me consider getting this... DAMN!

Last edited by B18DelSolT; 07-12-2010 at 08:34 AM.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT
Threadstarter

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18DelSolT View Post
Thanks man, good find..

Damn this is a hard decision. I Currently have NDrive and it works fine some glitches but for the most part fine. Seeing how it isnt in the app catalog anymore makes me believe that there wont be anymore updates for it so it makes me consider getting this... DAMN!
I tested Co-Pilot yesterday and it worked great. Also, it seems to include the Canada maps (at least Ontario) even though they don't mention it. The POI search is actually better and faster than my GF's Garmin that I paid $250 for on Christmas.

The only downside is that you have to manually kill the program in the task manager or else the GPS signal will stay on in the background and kill your battery. I think they are working on an update to fix it, but might as well buy it now in case they increase the price.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:05 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

moved to apps/games
Old 07-13-2010, 09:27 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Very nice! Thanks for sharing your experiences!

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 07-24-2010, 01:13 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Excellent find! I snagged a copy, looks to be at least as usable as TomTom, at just about 1/10th the price.

You totally have to kill it in the background when you're done. It just keeps trucking away back there until you put a bullet in its zombie behind

PPCGeeks > iPhone > iPhone Apps/Games