PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > iPad Series

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just got the ipad?? Thoughts/Comments/Questions/Concerns

Well, just went and picked up a few of these and all I have to say is WOW! I am very impressed and this Ipad has tons more than expected!

If you have one, please lets talk about it.

Was it what you expected or more?

What do you love so much about it?

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson

Last edited by GirlGoneGeek; 04-03-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:49 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Threadstarter

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Just got the ipad?? Thoughts/Comments/Questions/Concerns

Note to all about the Ipad:

Found on twitter: If you accidentally lock yourself in the bathroom, you can write a note on your iPad and slip it under the door. speaking of which, help
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:27 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985 View Post
Well, just went and picked up a few of these and all I have to say is WOW! I am very impressed and this Ipad has tons more than expected!

If you have one, please lets talk about it.

Was it what you expected or more?

What do you love so much about it?
"a few" wtf how many did you buy? and why did you get more than one?

what does it have more than expected? what do you especially like about it. you're probly the only person on these forums who has one so do tell
Old 04-04-2010, 12:50 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Threadstarter

To answer all your ?s

I got wide one for his bday, it just came in today. We went to get another one so I can keep the 4g and he now has the 16g.

More than expected:

After people saying it's not going to be a good one, ha I disagree! Battery life was talked bad about, this has 10 hours of video and were testing that to make sure Lots of people said it's just a huge Iphone...wrong! It has built in Digital photo album that is amazing to look at.

What I love most:

We thought it would be just like the Iphone, but it's actually a lot better. Not only size being a nice factor, weight is very light! The response time is better than the Iphone, such as pressing power, it responds immediately. Features are amazing!

Different from Iphone:
  • Higher resolution screen
  • More viewing options
  • Cellular Internet service with no contract
  • The iPad offers a roomier virtual keyboard.
  • More found at this site

No camera or multi tasking is the only reason most don't like it. That's why we have our other devices for times like that

Last edited by GirlGoneGeek; 04-04-2010 at 12:52 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:25 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985 View Post
To answer all your ?s

I got wide one for his bday, it just came in today. We went to get another one so I can keep the 4g and he now has the 16g.

More than expected:

After people saying it's not going to be a good one, ha I disagree! Battery life was talked bad about, this has 10 hours of video and were testing that to make sure Lots of people said it's just a huge Iphone...wrong! It has built in Digital photo album that is amazing to look at.

What I love most:

We thought it would be just like the Iphone, but it's actually a lot better. Not only size being a nice factor, weight is very light! The response time is better than the Iphone, such as pressing power, it responds immediately. Features are amazing!

Different from Iphone:
  • Higher resolution screen
  • More viewing options
  • Cellular Internet service with no contract
  • The iPad offers a roomier virtual keyboard.
  • More found at this site

No camera or multi tasking is the only reason most don't like it. That's why we have our other devices for times like that

cool, I might just check this bad boy out and see. Have you played any games on it yet?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Threadstarter

Agree, all my friends, even though we will always have our Acers, Macbooks, Dells, HP's and more just got one themselves We are digital people living digital lives and love our products
Old 04-07-2010, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

slbailey1 is keeping up the good workslbailey1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

How do you get non-DRM protected eBooks onto the iPad? I have a real good application that manages my eBook library, regardless of the format (lit, epub, mobi, etc) as long as it is a non-DRM protected book. You can convert to any book format. Also, if you connect any eBook reader to your PC and select the "Add to device" button and the book you selected is not in the correct format, it will automatically convert it to the correct format.

I'm assuming the the eBook format for the iPad is epub.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

hotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: iPad? iSay Useless :bs:

I've had mine since the 0900 the morning it it was released. Love it!!!! I opted for the the 16GB version. Expendable cash was a big reason I choose the 16GB version. My take....it's an awesome Personal Entertainment Device (PED) . With the pending release of 4.0 it will only take this thing to the next level.

All those that slam it iFail...iFart...iSuck....iEtc....are just naysayers and sometime those individuals are faithful to a fault. If it's not Microsux...it must be an iSux.

Does that make since?
Old 04-10-2010, 06:36 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Threadstarter

Moved here to discuss new purchases. It's better here than in the one you posted where the "haters" have nothing good to say

I'm glad you love it! I've heard so many people now that have said terrible things, and actually put their hands on one and tried to use it, not just put it down, actually changed their minds instantly to I LOVE IT

Enjoy your new addiction
Old 04-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ducylowycz is keeping up the good workducylowycz is keeping up the good workducylowycz is keeping up the good work

Myself?

I love this thing! I'm a little bit of an information ***** and I find myself scouring the internet all the time. This is the PERFECT device for that, and now that I have mine bundled to tether with Sprint I'm as happy as a fat kid eating cake!

I'm going to get a good keyboard and the camera connection kit. One thing that is frustrating i found is that you can't add individual pictures to your device. I hate the fact that you have to sync a folder with iTunes and I'm looking forward to using this kit. It will help tremendously when I'm out in the middle of nowhere checking out my deer cams!

I really want a good photo editing app for the iPad but everything happens in good time. My fiancé is super jelous of the iPad and now she wants one too!

I think if your big into the Internet, entertaiment, and photos...this is the device for you!

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > iPad Series