PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > iPad Series
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla
Re: iPad? iSay Useless :bs:

Granted I haven't played with one yet, but from Court and Wideawake I have a great idea of what it can do and I am sold! Just need to sell my husband and I am all over it!
Old 04-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
I always try to find 3 good things about a product before I flame it beyond compare
The scrolling on the ipad is flawless (windows be ashamed)
The screen is gorgeous and vibrant
...good build quality (sorry thinking about the time when I got a few mac things and they...sucked worse than *****s in heat)
that said...we all know the negatives, no multitasking, no flash, typing is a nightmare on it (marginally better than windows but not the best), no usb, very little options for syncing with iphone (seriously wth) and a panoply of other things (including my old mantra of balance between work and play)
its a media device through and through, but what escapes me is that people will max out on the 500+ model when at 675 you can get a macbook that's pretty powerful in its own right.
Will the ipad revolutionize? tough to say I htink its a niche market like the macbook air (anyone remember those XD)
one day at a time
keep in mind OS4.0 will eliminate a lot of those negatives.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:07 AM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
Just need to sell my husband and I am all over it!
how much you think you can get for him? If you dress him up real nice you might be able to sell him for $1000 and get the 64gb - 3G version.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

lol hahaha it may work actually
Old 04-06-2010, 10:50 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

If I could get my hands on one for cheap I would get it for shizz and giggles

I <3 Android
Old 04-06-2010, 07:16 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
how much you think you can get for him? If you dress him up real nice you might be able to sell him for $1000 and get the 64gb - 3G version.
LMAO! Are you interested in the purchase??? Sounds like you have purchased a mail-order husband before
Old 04-06-2010, 07:20 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP

Quote:
keep in mind OS4.0 will eliminate a lot of those negatives.
That's only speculation at this point. We will know for sure on Thursday.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:23 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Why would you do that..you'd be a lot more profitable if you sell organ by organ...

There is also a not to bad featured ICD's Tegra 2 with android coming..

as for slate:

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 04-06-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
LMAO! Are you interested in the purchase??? Sounds like you have purchased a mail-order husband before
naw my girlfriend tried to sell me once, how do you think paris hilton got so rich, her parents actually never gave her any money

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
That's only speculation at this point. We will know for sure on Thursday.
It's pretty much official it will support multi-tasking, as for the other things, we will indeed see thurs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Why would you do that..you'd be a lot more profitable if you sell organ by organ...

There is also a not to bad featured ICD's Tegra 2 with android coming..

as for slate:
what is missing in your chart is the app support on the ipad. I don't know that there are developers lining up to make windows 7 touch screen slate apps. I would rather just rock a netbook if I wanted an actual "computer"

Don't forget that it is probably a very short time before the unofficial devs are pairing a wii remote with the Ipad and running emulators and doing lots of cool thing the pad was never intended to do.

Last edited by orangekid; 04-06-2010 at 07:30 PM. Reason: that $%^& did not make no sense.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:37 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
what is missing in your chart is the app support on the ipad. I don't know that there are developers lining up to make windows 7 touch screen slate apps. I would rather just rock a netbook if I wanted an actual "computer"

Don't forget that it is probably a very short time before the unofficial devs are pairing a wii remote with the Ipad and running emulators and doing lots of cool thing the pad was never intended to do.
Why would that be on the chart if thats an internal HP chart lol.. apparently HP does not think Appstore is anything...

but then again win7 has more apps then ipad..not to mention flash support

it kinda boils down to this..what would you use a tablet for in the first place?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > iPad Series