PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2009, 01:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

ChudaiPati09 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Touch Sprint?

My friend has, I think, a HTC Touch. He got a new phone so he sold it to me.
I was surfing, and I came across an article of Windows Mobile 6.5. I understand that there is no office version out there yet, but there are unoffical versions. I found one called MightRom 6, I wanted to try that out, but when I opened it, the picture of the phone wasn't the right picture.

http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/...-32671230.html

I was wonder if it was okay to install that on my phone? If not, what ROM can I install that will give me Windows Mobile 6.5?

Thanks
Old 08-23-2009, 01:32 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: HTC Touch Sprint?

First of all, welcome to the site!
Second, the device you speak of is the same device I have. The true name for this device is the Vogue. I suggest you look in the Vogue Forum and you will find a lot of info about your device.
Third, unfortunately you cannot flash MightyRom to your Vogue. It is made for the TP and the Diamond. There are many 6.5 Roms in the Vogue Upgrades Forum so take a look and see what catches your eye. Read through the guides on unlocking and flashing before you attempt to flash.
Good Luck to you and it's always nice to see another Vogue user!
Old 08-23-2009, 01:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Threadstarter

ChudaiPati09 is a n00b

Thanks so much for your help.
Do you have any version that you would recommend?
Old 08-23-2009, 01:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD2 (HTC Leo)
Carrier: T-Mobile

TRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TRUELIGHT Send a message via MSN to TRUELIGHT Send a message via Yahoo to TRUELIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
First of all, welcome to the site!
Second, the device you speak of is the same device I have. The true name for this device is the Vogue. I suggest you look in the Vogue Forum and you will find a lot of info about your device.
Third, unfortunately you cannot flash MightyRom to your Vogue. It is made for the TP and the Diamond. There are many 6.5 Roms in the Vogue Upgrades Forum so take a look and see what catches your eye. Read through the guides on unlocking and flashing before you attempt to flash.
Good Luck to you and it's always nice to see another Vogue user!
NOW THAT'S WHAT THIS FORUMS IS ALL ABOUT: GREAT JOB (horndoctor)

ChudiPati09, you should (Thanks) him, I KNOW I DID!!!

PS: the Green (Thanks) in the far Right Corner------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:25 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChudaiPati09 View Post
Thanks so much for your help.
Do you have any version that you would recommend?
Well, I have heard very good things about Whosdamans, NFSFANs, Vins, and OMJs.
It really comes down to what you like. I just suggest that you first start by reading and rereading about unlocking first. Then after you have unlocked, you can flash a rom and if you don't like it just flash another.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:07 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Moved to correct forum...
Old 08-23-2009, 10:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'll chime in here and say that I have a Vogue (back up) running NFSFan's 6.5 rom. Fast and stable.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 08-23-2009, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

thecheet is keeping up the good workthecheet is keeping up the good work

I'm a fan of jtuite's roms. Have never had any problems with them.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue