PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2009, 12:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC6900
Carrier: Sprint

riceguy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Help, debugging tips and tricks or tools?

I am trying to see what is wrong with my HTC Vogue. I have been using the phone since January, 2 weeks ago, every time i send or receive a call, it drops at 0-2 seconds into the call, if i try the call again, it drops again, maybe after 5 tries i get a good call going for a min or 2 (says call lost or signal faded). I swapped the esn to my old phone and it works fine, so it is not the sprint signal causing it, bars are fine.

i have also done a hard reset and reinstalled my the rom, still happens.

Are there any tools or programs out there to help me figure out whats wrong? ##debug# is cool but i don't know what im looking it. Rx Power usually at -80 to -90 dbm

I've tried searching around different forums, havent been able to find anything. Could my antenna be possibly damaged?

this has been very frustating...
Old 08-17-2009, 12:53 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Help, debugging tips and tricks or tools?

Could be something wrong with the radio. Might even be a hardware malfunction. So you say you are getting a strong signal? At least two bars? I assume a hard reset has no effect?You could try a diff. radio but if your getting a strong signal then a new radio may not help. This may be the beginning of an issue like some others I have heard of that got the No Radio message and nothing works. Have you contacted your carrier to see if you could be missing some kind of update? lol Just trying to think of anything that might help. Good Luck.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC6900
Threadstarter

riceguy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

any advice helps, you may come up with something i have not tried.

any technical information on debugging would be great. is there a possible update command? i have a data plan.

i did not get the phone from my carrier so i dont believe they'll help me, no warranty. i havent seen anyone with the same problem as me. the ones i found have been unanswered.

I flashed it back to the original wm6.1 HTC Touch ROM last night but sprint wont let me do online esn swap anymore, gives me an error, possible limit on swaps per day.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:41 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Well, even if you didn't buy your phone new from a Sprint Dealer you can still call tech support ( *2) and get help. You are paying for your plan and tech support is part of the service your paying for. If you flashed back to stock that should help them troubleshoot. Give it a shot. Good Luck!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue