PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 09:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PPC-6900
Carrier: Sprint

failito is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is there a way to change the contrast settings on the Vogue (Sprint)

I bought a new Vogue (Sprint) to replace my old scratched up one off of ebay, checked the lifetimer and and it was non-refurb, and never used. Once I finally got it up and running I noticed that the new phone's lcd screen contrast was either way off or the screen was just bad. When compared to the old phone, it wasn't even a contest, my older phone's screen was very sharp and bright and could view at all angles. The new phone screen was bright but legibility was lost when the phone was barely tilted in any direction. I tried different screen protectors and even without them the screen had this problem. I ran into this problem on another phone I was going to buy locally, the common thing between the phones were the manufacture date (Jan 08~), my old phone was purchased around Nov/Dec 08 so it maybe that the phones were from an older batch with crappy screens, I was not able to confirm the manufacture date of my old phone though.

So what did I do? I took both phones apart and swapped lcd screens, I think it went ok, because I am not having any problems but I always hate doing extreme stuff like that because psychologically I feel that the phone has been violated, and the risk of re-assembly mishaps.

After surgery, i was kicking myself for not checking in with the forum first. So for future reference has anyone had the same experience with the screen contrast? Is there a way to change the contrast??? Thanks!
Old 08-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Is there a way to change the contrast settings on the Vogue (Sprint)

I don't think you can do anything other than changing the Backlight setting/level. Maybe trying different backgrounds or themes would help.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch WM6.5

acontrasto is keeping up the good workacontrasto is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to acontrasto

All I could find was a reg hack and a couple programs. The most promising looked to be like this one: http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/Sy...-PC-1294.shtml

I don't know if it would work, but it says something about contrast in the description.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:13 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Job well done Thanks T M Z

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26742
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Tags
contrast settings, lcd, screen