PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2009, 08:58 AM
Lurker

grantemsley is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Screen protector or no?

I've had my phone about a year now, and have had the screen protector that comes with it on the entire time.

The screen protector is a bit scratched, and getting harder to see through. It makes the screen dimmer now.

I'm considering removing it and not replacing it...but I'm wondering from anyone who HASNT used a screen protector, how well their screen has held up.

Also, anyone know a place near Ontario, Canada I can get them pre cut and cheap?
Old 08-02-2009, 09:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Verizon XV6900)
Carrier: Verizon

denasqu is keeping up the good workdenasqu is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to denasqu
Re: Screen protector or no?

I've been running without protection for a while now but I'm going to put on the WriteSHIELD screen today. I'm taking your post as an omen of the end of my good luck. Once your screen gets a nice scratch or chip you just have to live with it and that really sucks.

Those cheap screen protectors are a nuisance IMHO because they DO get scratched up so easily.

The WriteSHIELD with anti-glare actually improves the screen outdoors and they aren't very expensive. I've used them for years and never had to replace one because they never get dull or scratched.

Edit: Too late. When I went to clean my screen I found several scratches that I thought were smudges. But at least with the screen protector I can't see them anymore and of course they don't affect the stylus now. I really can't say enough about these WriteSHIELD screen protectors. It amazes me how they actually improve the viewing of the naked screen.

Last edited by denasqu; 08-02-2009 at 10:18 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant
Carrier: Bell

Andrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to Andrewwelton

I highly recommend using a screen protector because you never know what will happen if you don't.
The WriteSHIELD's are very good. As for places near Ontario, I myself live in Ontario. Depending on where you are you should be able to get a new one in a mall. I got mine at the Cambridge center, there was a booth with a guy selling them. I've had mine for 1.5 years now, but its time for a new one.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6900
Carrier: Sprint

psykotik312 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpsykotik312 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpsykotik312 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpsykotik312 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpsykotik312 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I buy the generic pre-cut ones off of ebay man. you get 3 for $5 or even cheaper. Plus at that price even if they do scratch their cheap to replace. I use my phone A LOT but I don't use the stylus all the time. My cheapo screen protectors last at least 6 months.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:25 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Yes, always wear a hat.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

neuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have had my phone for a few years with out a protector. I have no issue with scratches on the phone. But keep in mind I am very careful with my phone.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (XV6900) dual boot Android
Carrier: Money Grabbin' Verizon

inertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to inertone

ive used my phone for about a year with no screen protector, the screen is alright, definitely not pristine, but its held up pretty good, but i definitely need to get me a screen protector, better safe than sorry
Old 08-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuteboomt View Post
I have had my phone for a few years with out a protector. I have no issue with scratches on the phone. But keep in mind I am very careful with my phone.
+1, though I'm not all that careful...
Old 08-03-2009, 10:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (XV6900)
Carrier: Verizon

f_hugh is keeping up the good workf_hugh is keeping up the good work

I picked up a 3 pack from pocketsolutions.com after spending a day at a test lab with no connection to the outside world (was in a faraday cage for all intents and purposes) and found that after 8 hours of solitaire that the obvious locations on the screen were a bit hazy... took it as an omen and bought some protectors. The screen protectors feel weird at first (more resistance to the stylus, your finger) but when you consider that it will make the screen usable for a longer period of time, it is so very, very worth it.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6900

psykotik312 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpsykotik312 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpsykotik312 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpsykotik312 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpsykotik312 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by f_hugh View Post
I picked up a 3 pack from pocketsolutions.com after spending a day at a test lab with no connection to the outside world (was in a faraday cage for all intents and purposes) and found that after 8 hours of solitaire that the obvious locations on the screen were a bit hazy... took it as an omen and bought some protectors. The screen protectors feel weird at first (more resistance to the stylus, your finger) but when you consider that it will make the screen usable for a longer period of time, it is so very, very worth it.
LOL been there. Solitaire wore my protector OUT. Anyway I work for a chemical company and I'm CONSTANTLY dropping my phone in all kinds of wonderful chemicals. My screen protectors have save me a LOT of trouble.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue