PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

crobs808 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to crobs808 Send a message via MSN to crobs808 Send a message via Yahoo to crobs808 Send a message via Skype™ to crobs808
Question Possible to use a Sprint Touch on VZW (instead of the crippled XV6900)?

Here's the deal...my wife and I downgraded our phones. We had full data, and all that unlimited tethering junk and all, but it was just too expensive. So we cut our bill by about $100 a month, and I downgraded from the TouchPro to the Touch, which does not 'require' a data plan.

Now, I used to have the Sprint Touch Pro, and used it on VZW with no caveats, everything worked. Now, I just got the XV6900, and found out that not only is it a gay white color, but it does not have WiFi like the Sprint version.

So, can I get the Sprint version of the Touch, to get the black color and WiFi then activate it on VZW, just like I did with my Sprint TouchPro on VZW earlier this year?

THANKS!!
GPS: TomTom v7.915 (v830.2323 Maps)
Old 07-08-2009, 10:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

adstuck is a n00b
Re: Possible to use a Sprint Touch on VZW (instead of the crippled XV6900)?

I have the Sprint Touch and it doesn't have WiFi.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to crobs808 Send a message via MSN to crobs808 Send a message via Yahoo to crobs808 Send a message via Skype™ to crobs808

Is there a CDMA version that has Wifi?
Old 07-08-2009, 11:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (XV6900)

Link9228 is keeping up the good workLink9228 is keeping up the good work

No version of the touch/vogue has wifi. And there are only two phones that don't require data plans on VZW that are smart phones. The touch/vogue/xv6900 is much better than the other one too... I don't see what's so crippled about it, it has everything the same minus the casing. I like the white though.. anyways, I don't know if you'll be able to use a sprint ESN on verizon.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Yea the verizon touch is the same as everyone else, besides the screwed up carrier and casing
Old 07-10-2009, 09:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Wink Re: Possible to use a Sprint Touch on VZW (instead of the crippled XV6900)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link9228 View Post
No version of the touch/vogue has wifi. And there are only two phones that don't require data plans on VZW that are smart phones. The touch/vogue/xv6900 is much better than the other one too... I don't see what's so crippled about it, it has everything the same minus the casing. I like the white though.. anyways, I don't know if you'll be able to use a sprint ESN on verizon.
You are wrong about being only two smartphones that do not required data plans...I had to investigate this recently because I still wanted a WindowsMobile phone, but we wanted to get data off our bill to make it go down...here is the list of smartphones that do not have forced data packages...

-Palm Centro
-SMT5800
-XV6900
-Motorola Q9c/Q9m
-SCH-i760
-Samsung Saga

and actually any other phone that you can prove had a release date before November 2008. After all my research I found that they only mandate data plans for phones made after November 2008. So, I asked them about the Titan (XV6800), and they said "The release date shows as being in December, which is after November so it must have data" - I told them that it did come out in December, but in December of 2006 or 2007, since I had one for over 2 years...They said that they do not have any years listed in the dates in their system, so they have to just go off the month. Wow I thought...what a crappy software system and way to make decisions...they dont even have the full release month/year in their system, just a month. One of the representatives told me that if I got a XV6800 then I could use it without data, as long as I had official site sources to back it up with when I called in to activate it. He said if they se that the official date is before Nov2008, then they will allow it, but by default those are the only 6 devices they don't question you on.

It is a convoluted system, but remember, this is the same system I called up 6 months ago, and had to get my Sprint ESN from my TouchPro added to their internal database before they could activate it, yet sure enough up until a week ago when I downgraded phones, I was using the Sprint TP on VZW.

So anyway, yeah, you can get whatever you want accomplished if you call back enough times and just talk long enough to the right rep. This was completely off topic, but just wanted to share since you brought up data plans.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue