PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 05:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6900

twisterxb is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Vogue questoin

I just flashed the 6.5 rom on my vogue but its stuck at the ppcgeeks and ppckitchen.org present screen.. help?? im new to this..
Old 04-19-2009, 06:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: verizon

infamousj012 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to infamousj012
Re: Vogue questoin

..it can happen, either the rom isn't good[which i doubt, because if it wasn't the link would be killed or there'd be all kind of bad feedback] and if that's not the case[like i said it isn't] you may just need to flash it again...

and before you do that.. since you're new to it- did you unlock your phone first using ImCoKe's unlocker? it's under "vogue/vogue upgrades" it'll be a sticky at the top you HAVE to unlock your phone to get the custom roms to flash on..

and if i didn't help, don't worry there are some people that are great at explaining this stuff that will explain it to you when they get on, i'm just you're only help on :]

good luck & happy flashing.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:32 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

twisterxb is a n00b

Yeah i dont think thats the case either.. I tried flashing it again but still face the same problem.. even tried flashing a different rom..

I believe my phone is already unlocked since it has been flashed to metro pcs.. when it is in RUU mode it says it has the 41 coke..
Old 04-19-2009, 06:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

are you trying to load from boot-load mode or are you just trying to dry[i just made this up] flash it?

--------------------------------------------
now that i think about it, do you have gps? if not is the rom[s] you're trying to flash made for gps?
Old 04-19-2009, 06:46 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

twisterxb is a n00b

The first time i flashed it i guess it was from dry? but now i cant get back into the phone.. like the farthest it goes is to that ppcgeeks screen..

im not sure if it had gps honestly.. like i said im new to this..
Old 04-19-2009, 07:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

it's cool, i completely understand i've only been doing it for two weeks anddd.. i just cooked up my 2nd rom lol.. but now back to your issue..

turn your phone off, instead of turning it back on;
hold down your camera button 3-5 seconds, and then press the power button, it will turn on in boot mode, then you should be able to load a rom from there.. that's how i load all mine and from what i heard the safest way.. it will be a tri-color screen that says "SPL-0.41.CoKe" at the top... along with "vogu100 mfg" and other bs you don't really have to care about lol.

try this real fast and see if that's what it was, if not, while it's in boot mode you can always flash your companies stock rom back on to it.. just so you can at least have a phone and not a paperweight.. :]
Old 04-19-2009, 07:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

I've never used a kitchen before,
I hope someone can help you with this,
It's 4am here,
otherwise I'd try to start playing with a kitchen.
But I'm sure with all these people on this site that make awesome roms will help you out!

Edit: Someone already is helping you out, haha, took me wayy too long to reply to this.
I'm too tired to think right now.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

heh, just to go off subject since i'm bored..

i just started cooking and it isn't hard as it seems.. once you start customizing and adding your own OEMS and registry stuff it gets more complicated, but for the most part, you can do it :] oh and it's 6 here.. ive been cooking since 3.. before you DO start it, if you get easily addicted to things [i.e- games, eating, crack...] this isn't for you, as you WILL lose sleep over it.. i stayed up all night thursday cooking the original.. it's now saturday and i stayed up all night cooking the second lol.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:13 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

twisterxb is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousj012 View Post
it's cool, i completely understand i've only been doing it for two weeks anddd.. i just cooked up my 2nd rom lol.. but now back to your issue..

turn your phone off, instead of turning it back on;
hold down your camera button 3-5 seconds, and then press the power button, it will turn on in boot mode, then you should be able to load a rom from there.. that's how i load all mine and from what i heard the safest way.. it will be a tri-color screen that says "SPL-0.41.CoKe" at the top... along with "vogu100 mfg" and other bs you don't really have to care about lol.

try this real fast and see if that's what it was, if not, while it's in boot mode you can always flash your companies stock rom back on to it.. just so you can at least have a phone and not a paperweight.. :]
I'm not really worried about having this phone working since i have two phones but it would be nice to get it done lol..

Its in boot mode right now. ive actually tried doing it from boot mode b4 and it did the same thing but im gonna try one more time. if not im gonna put it back on the stock rom
Old 04-19-2009, 07:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

well dont give up on the rom thing, they're ****ing sweet when they work right, and like i said, someone that's way more experienced than me will be on around noon.. then you'll start getting some real help.. like i said i'm just the only help available lol.. i'm tryin though! anyways.. i'm waiting on my new custom rom to load, i kinda feel mean for telling you that but that's how i knew what the screen said lol
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue