PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2009, 12:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH
Carrier: VERIZON

matc23 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
First timer need help

This is my first time ever changing anything on my phone. I realy don't have any idea what to do to get some different themes or downloads for my phone. I was hoping to get the slide feature like the i phone and maybe some other cool features for my xv6900 if anyone could or wants to help out i would greatly appreciate it thanks.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

00gt1 is keeping up the good work00gt1 is keeping up the good work
Re: First timer need help

a.) Read the how to's

b.) learn the Common Terms:

Kitchen: A complilation of programs that deconstruct, allow customization, and reconstruct a ROM.
ROM: Technically Read Only Memory, this is essentially the software on your phone that can be customized through a Kitchen and then Flashed onto your phone.
Cooking: The process of using a Kitchen to customize a ROM.
Flashing: The process of loading a ROM onto your phone via the RUU.
RUU: ROM Upgrade Utility, used to Flash a ROM onto your phone.
NBH: A file type (.nbh). This is a ROM.
Unlocking: The process of making your phone Flashable by custom ROMs.
Relocking: The process of going from an Unlocked state a Locked state.
OS: Operating System, this is the main part of your phone, Windows Mobile, including the kernel, drivers, programs and interface.
SPL: The bootloader of your phone. This loads the OS.
SSPL: Soft-SPL, a modified SPL that is loaded for a short time in order to write an HSPL.
HSPL: Hard-SPL, a modified SPL that is written over the original SPL in order to Unlock your phone.
Security Unlocked: THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO UNLOCKING YOUR PHONE. This has to do with the radio of your phone, and will always be there (refer to pictures in tutorial).
Radio: This is usually refered to as the software on your phone, (that is not normally touched when flashing a custom ROM unless specifically stated, but is included in shipped ROMs) that controls the communication between your phone and the cell phone towers. Different Radios will usually provide different levels of signal, battery life, and, due to a combination of both, overheating of your phone.

(thanks tobeychris)

c.) Ask around everyone here is willing to help

you'll be up and running in no time. Customizing a phone is just that... customizing it.. making it your own. read around find what you like and do it. Just be smart about it and back up everything first

Bottom Line... READ EVERYTHING in your particular forum... if you have questions PM the author

If you need help... just ask... my PM box is always open

Don't forget to hit the

Yes i'm a sprint employee... no you cant have sero access.... unless you're REALLY nice!!
Old 04-16-2009, 12:41 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

matc23 is a n00b

Thanks for responding so fast. It just all seams to much I know I could figure it out if I read everything out thier but the thing is that their is so much out thier. I've been reading alot of forums that say download this and download that but what would be the best steps in taking. If you say read everything i guess i'll have to read everything but I just wanted some pointers. Thanks again for your response.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:44 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by matc23 View Post
Thanks for responding so fast. It just all seams to much I know I could figure it out if I read everything out thier but the thing is that their is so much out thier. I've been reading alot of forums that say download this and download that but what would be the best steps in taking. If you say read everything i guess i'll have to read everything but I just wanted some pointers. Thanks again for your response.
ok so i take the everything part back... what is it you want to do with the phone? Do you want a new operating system (ROM), do you want some cool apps? new theme? Let me know i'll try and steer you in the right direction.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:50 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

matc23 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00gt1 View Post
ok so i take the everything part back... what is it you want to do with the phone? Do you want a new operating system (ROM), do you want some cool apps? new theme? Let me know i'll try and steer you in the right direction.
I would like to have the slide function like on the i phone opening screen. I don't know about a new operating system because i don't know what it will and can do for me. I would also like to have a bigger dial screen if poss. Thanks again.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:59 PM
N00b

Try this program for the slide lock. If that isn't the right version let me know and i'll try and dig it up for you. I'm not 100% on this working with the vogue, but give it a shot, it's not one of those programs that will fry your phone. Worst that happens is the program doesn't run. Let me know what happens
Attached Files
File Type: cab DeviceLock 1.1.CAB (68.4 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-16-2009, 01:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

matc23 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00gt1 View Post
Try this program for the slide lock. If that isn't the right version let me know and i'll try and dig it up for you. I'm not 100% on this working with the vogue, but give it a shot, it's not one of those programs that will fry your phone. Worst that happens is the program doesn't run. Let me know what happens
This is maybe one of my problems when I click on the link it downloads this in 2 secs i open it on my computer and it does nothing is their a special way to save it or am I just not smart enough.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:10 PM
N00b

ah ha, you need to put it on your phone first... go here on your phone:

http://rumkin.com/tools/sprint/jump.php

and use the jump code:

this is good for about and hour then i'll have to reup it. let me know when you get it.

Once it's on your phone THEN run it
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

matc23 is a n00b

First, I don't have internet on my phone is their a way to use my computer to get it to the phone. Also the phone is from verizon not sprint if that makes any differnece. If its easier to do this by email or call me let me know.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:31 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by matc23 View Post
First, I don't have internet on my phone is their a way to use my computer to get it to the phone. Also the phone is from verizon not sprint if that makes any differnece. If its easier to do this by email or call me let me know.
download the file and hook your phone up to the computer. The jumpcode site i was using was coded for sprint but work just fine with verizon. Once your phone is plugged in you should be able to open your memory card like a mass storage device and put the file on there.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue