PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 08:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: verizon

johnnyg31087 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
gps

Hey, I recently flashed OMJ's rom onto my xv6900 and love it. I do not have a data plan though nor do I have vzw navigator. I think I saw that by flashing the new rom you can bypass vzw navigator? I beleive the rom came with google maps but I am wondering if there is gps software I can download which will let me use my gps capabilities without a data plan for free? Sorry if it's a stupid question but I really can't afford a data plan but would love to have working gps on this phone thanks.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vogue

staticvoid is a n00b
Re: gps

i use igo8, which works ok. after loading igo8 and locking the sats. i can close it out and open garmin and use it. you will get the data dial box poping up if you dont delte the connection. i wouldnt try it without a data block.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:21 PM
LKZ
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6900/ NFSFAN 1.15/ radio 3.37.77
Carrier: VZW

LKZ is a n00b

You should try NAVIVGON MN7. it's a great navigation software. I think it is better than garmin and tom tom.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Axim X51v, Tilt, 8525 VX6900, Imagio
Carrier: AT&T & Verizon

jadesse is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg31087 View Post
Hey, I recently flashed OMJ's rom onto my xv6900 and love it. I do not have a data plan though nor do I have vzw navigator. I think I saw that by flashing the new rom you can bypass vzw navigator? I beleive the rom came with google maps but I am wondering if there is gps software I can download which will let me use my gps capabilities without a data plan for free? Sorry if it's a stupid question but I really can't afford a data plan but would love to have working gps on this phone thanks.
Install the Holux GPS viewer & see if you can get a lock. If you can then send me a private message.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Holux GPS Viewer 1.5 Build 1210.zip (34.1 KB, 43 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:55 PM
Lurker

W7GMC is a n00b
Verizon vx6900 GPS EASY FIX!

"Serfboreds" has come up with a really easy GPS Fix if your running Valhalla with the latest Verizon rom. Simple and easy as pie. Dowload and install the Serf Telus aGPS for Valhalla Cab and dial *22899 to reprogram the phone. Damn thing is working again!!!!!!!!

Fix to the Verizon's BS move to shut down the GPS!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=703
Old 04-22-2009, 03:32 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

johnnyg31087 is a n00b

Thanks everyone,

Where do you guys get your GPS cabs/maps? do you pay for them or torrents or what? is there a website where I can try out tomtom garman or iGo and get them for free or do you guys buy them somewhere?
Old 04-23-2009, 11:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Slorizon

joshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg31087 View Post
Thanks everyone,

Where do you guys get your GPS cabs/maps? do you pay for them or torrents or what? is there a website where I can try out tomtom garman or iGo and get them for free or do you guys buy them somewhere?
I don't think we are going to walk you through acquisition of the software through illegal sources, but they are out there. Some choose to purchase because of the difficulty installing, I can only speak for myself

FYI - the process for getting TomTom and Garmin unlocked is a bit tricky for the novice user. You can find some free programs out there for GPS but none are as good as the ones you pay for. Search around for TomTom version 8, and the map name is "North_America_805_1801" without the quotes.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

johnnyg31087 is a n00b

Oh, no I didn't mean it like that, I just wasn't sure if the software was in fact free or if it was a knock off with similar features...I didn't realize you can actually purchase the software from tomtom...THANKS
Old 05-04-2009, 06:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Axim X51v, Tilt, 8525 VX6900, Imagio
Carrier: AT&T & Verizon

jadesse is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshkeller77 View Post
I don't think we are going to walk you through acquisition of the software through illegal sources, but they are out there. Some choose to purchase because of the difficulty installing, I can only speak for myself

FYI - the process for getting TomTom and Garmin unlocked is a bit tricky for the novice user. You can find some free programs out there for GPS but none are as good as the ones you pay for. Search around for TomTom version 8, and the map name is "North_America_805_1801" without the quotes.
This TomTom is for a stand alone unit.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

flipzkid is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to flipzkid

Hey guys, so what if I installed Holux GPS viewer and could not get a lock on any satellites, what does that tell me? Also, it says on here if your running Valhalla install Serf Telus for it and dial *22899? Is that for Verizon or is this for SPRINT only?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue