PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 12:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon/Alltel

SFG147 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to SFG147
Arrow Clock Dumping

I've been trying to put a new clock on my HTC touch vogue.

Right now it currently has the Black Vista Theme on it from XDA. (number 3)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1917

I wanted to switch themes to a theme called Stickers also from XDA. (6th on the second row) http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/9159/skin2su1.jpg

So, my friend told me that all I had to do was extract the files and "dump" them in to my windows folder on my device.

When I did, it said "Touch here to Launch TouchFlo..." So I touch.
And it says "Touch here to Launch TouchFlo..." So I touch.
And it says "Touch here to Launch TouchFlo..." So by now I go back to my friend. (me being a noob and all) And he instructs me to just put my old clock back on. So I do.

I though that clock may have just been bad, but when I "dumped" other clocks into my windows folder and tried to run Manilla it always said,
"Touch here to Launch TouchFlo..."

The only thing that kept getting my current clock working again was when I placed the old HTCHomeSettings.xml back in the windows folder.

My questions:

1: What am I doing wrong?
2: WHy will my phone only work with that one skin.

Thanx to the leets of PPCGeeks in advance.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Clock Dumping

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFG147 View Post
I've been trying to put a new clock on my HTC touch vogue.

Right now it currently has the Black Vista Theme on it from XDA. (number 3)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1917

I wanted to switch themes to a theme called Stickers also from XDA. (6th on the second row) http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/9159/skin2su1.jpg

So, my friend told me that all I had to do was extract the files and "dump" them in to my windows folder on my device.

When I did, it said "Touch here to Launch TouchFlo..." So I touch.
And it says "Touch here to Launch TouchFlo..." So by now I go back to my friend. (me being a noob and all) And he instructs me to just put my old clock back on. So I do.

I though that clock may have just been bad, but when I "dumped" other clocks into my windows folder and tried to run Manilla it always said,
"Touch here to Launch TouchFlo..."

The only thing that kept getting my current clock working again was when I placed the old HTCHomeSettings.xml back in the windows folder.

My questions:

1: What am I doing wrong?
2: WHy will my phone only work with that one skin.

Thanx to the leets of PPCGeeks in advance.
Really depends on a couple things

Are you using a stock ROM or Custom (as TF2D/Manilla can be added to stock directly hence the question)

Either way, sounds like the Clock/Theme your attempting to use isnt compatable with the newer version of M2D you have on the phone

Check with the Chef of the Custom ROM and see if there is a installer/cab of the version he used you can copy back over or find and reinstall

When you installed the Clock/Theme did you use M2D Config (or whatever its called, sorry I cant remember the name directly) and if so did you save the original theme and can restore it?

Ive been reading some reports from people using newer ROMs with newer version of TF2D/Manilla and the older themes/clocks giving them issues in computability

If nothing else, hard reset, restore and try again with a compatable theme

Detroit Doug

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon/Alltel
Threadstarter

SFG147 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to SFG147
Lightbulb Re: Clock Dumping

Yes, I have SBP Backup. I restored my phone back to the theme i had. And I downloaded the Black Vista Theme to keep incase I wanted to revert.

The things I noticed were:
---------------------------Note 1---------------------------------
1: When I unzipped the Stickers file, it contained:
71 pngs (pics)
1 HTCHomeSettings.xml (script file)

2: But when I unzipped the Black Vista Theme, it contained:
1 Black.tsk
1 BlackVista_TWolf.m2dct

NONE of the clocked formatted as (1 worked. But the theme, contained as (2 is, worked.
---------------------------Note 2---------------------------------
When I wanted to revert back to the Black Vista Theme, all I had to do was overwrite the HTCHomeSettings.xml with a default one. Thus, without changing any files back (even before sbp backup) the theme would return.
I think this maybe because the xml code is no longer calling the pngs but the .tsk and .m2dct files.

I guess it does sound like a compatibility issue; thus adding another question:

If my phone can run .m2dct (which I assume is Manilla 2D's file extention) does that mean I can only use .m2dct skins and or clocks?

THanx again to the leet of PPCGeeks in advance.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue