PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 12:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: verizon

johnnyg31087 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is my phone ruined?

Hey, I just got an xv6900 and have made a few minor reg edits but decided to do a hard reset hoping to fix the glitches I was experiencing. Now after the hard reset it started going through a "customization" cab I think and now there is a triangle in the top info bar on the home screen. I cannot make a phone call or send a text. when I try to make a phone call I get a message about how verizon does not recognize my phone. I have tried reseting it a few times and tried programing it which got rid of the triangle but did not solve the problem. Am I screwed or is there a quick fix? Please help...THANKS
Old 04-11-2009, 12:30 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"
Carrier: Sprint

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Is my phone ruined?

i would probably try hunting down the stock verizon rom or better yet, a custom rom and flashing just to make sure you get a clean install and start over
Old 04-11-2009, 01:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg31087 View Post
Hey, I just got an xv6900 and have made a few minor reg edits but decided to do a hard reset hoping to fix the glitches I was experiencing. Now after the hard reset it started going through a "customization" cab I think and now there is a triangle in the top info bar on the home screen. I cannot make a phone call or send a text. when I try to make a phone call I get a message about how verizon does not recognize my phone. I have tried reseting it a few times and tried programing it which got rid of the triangle but did not solve the problem. Am I screwed or is there a quick fix? Please help...THANKS

The triangle, if it is a black triangle where normally your data strength would be means your in roaming mode.. if you know your normally in a good location go into settings and turn off "roam only"
You may need to do a hard reset (setting your phone back to last fresh install be it custom or stock whatever it was) by pressing and holding power+camera+stylus in reset hole and following the directions when the gray screen occurs.

If still after that you may need to fully reflash your phone to original stock then try a custom again

Detroit Doug

Detroit Doug

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:48 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

johnnyg31087 is a n00b

Yeah I did try that but ended up calling verizon...sat on hold for 40 mins but they fixed it. I guess it is a fairly common problem after a hard reset...However this has made me question flashing my phone...I am very interested in doing it but am a bit nervous about creating a problem that I cannot fix...has anyone used imcokemans unlock on xv6900? I read through it and it seems well tested on the sprint version but I couldn't find anywhere saying it also worked well for verizon. Am I just being overly cautious? I mean I feel as though having a badass new rom that runs smoother than the stock one is almost worth the risk but not if I end up needing a new phone after...any suggestions or testimonials of it working smoothly on the xv6900 without ruining texting/gps?
Old 04-11-2009, 01:51 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

johnnyg31087 is a n00b

BTW this forum is phenomenal I can't believe how quickly I can get advice from so many knowledgable members. Thanks a lot I really appreciate all the help
Old 04-11-2009, 02:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg31087 View Post
Yeah I did try that but ended up calling verizon...sat on hold for 40 mins but they fixed it. I guess it is a fairly common problem after a hard reset...However this has made me question flashing my phone...I am very interested in doing it but am a bit nervous about creating a problem that I cannot fix...has anyone used imcokemans unlock on xv6900? I read through it and it seems well tested on the sprint version but I couldn't find anywhere saying it also worked well for verizon. Am I just being overly cautious? I mean I feel as though having a badass new rom that runs smoother than the stock one is almost worth the risk but not if I end up needing a new phone after...any suggestions or testimonials of it working smoothly on the xv6900 without ruining texting/gps?

the unlocker will work on any vogue regardless of carrier, it simply unlocks the phone utilizing a base ROM so you can flash to a custom ROM afterwards, its the custom ROM being used that can make or break the connections with Verizon mostly and Bell

Detroit Doug
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue