PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 10:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

keri2000 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Syncing with 1 Vista laptop and 1 XP laptop

Forgive me if this has been asked (can't search on "vista xp syncing") but I recently got a Vista laptop. I use an XP laptop for work and have been able to sync just fine with ActiveSync. Then I tried to sync with the Vista laptop using the Mobile Device Center. If I delete the connections and start fresh I can sync with both laptops, but as soon as I try to sync to one, and then the other, I ALWAYS end up with "error connecting to desktop" on my Vista laptop. It is completely crazy! Is there a problem syncing with two machines that are different OS's? I have tried hard resetting, rebooting of the laptops and phone, and finally uninstalling and reinstalling both ActiveSync and Mobile Device Center.

HELP

Thanks,
Keri

Oh, P.S. Yes I did uncheck the box for the Advanced USB to PC connection.

Last edited by keri2000; 04-02-2009 at 10:37 AM.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Syncing with 1 Vista laptop and 1 XP laptop

Quote:
Originally Posted by keri2000 View Post
Forgive me if this has been asked (can't search on "vista xp syncing") but I recently got a Vista laptop. I use an XP laptop for work and have been able to sync just fine with ActiveSync. Then I tried to sync with the Vista laptop using the Mobile Device Center. If I delete the connections and start fresh I can sync with both laptops, but as soon as I try to sync to one, and then the other, I ALWAYS end up with "error connecting to desktop" on my Vista laptop. It is completely crazy! Is there a problem syncing with two machines that are different OS's? I have tried hard resetting, rebooting of the laptops and phone, and finally uninstalling and reinstalling both ActiveSync and Mobile Device Center.

HELP

Thanks,
Keri
I have an XP desktop at work and a Vista laptop. I have not had the problem you described. Mine worked fine with my HTC 6800. Maybe it is the difference with the PPC.
Sorry, no help!
Old 04-02-2009, 10:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

ThadW is a n00b

I have struggled with the exact same issue and am anxious to see if anyone has any fresh ideas. I have the HTC Sprint Mogul -- Microsoft says that they gave HTC the fix, but so far I haven't seen them push the fix out.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:47 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

keri2000 is a n00b

Hhmm, bummer - It is really weird - when I first got the laptop about 2 months ago (Vista) I could sync with both and then just recently I started having some problems with my GPS so I did a hard reset. Once the hard reset was complete I started having the problems with the Vista machine. I wonder if I need to delete both accounts, uninstall both WMDC and ActiveSync, and reboot both laptops- then start fresh. I have tried these things but never all at once. Such a P I T A. I really hate Vista.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

ThadW is a n00b

Did U move from WM 6.0 to 6.1 anytime recently/ When I downloaded and installed 6.1 seemed to be when my problems got worse.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:17 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

keri2000 is a n00b

Hm, I will check when I get home. I just read an article that the 6.1 upgrade could cause problems.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue