PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 11:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6900
Carrier: Verizon

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Fastest build in PPC Kitchen?

Hey guys, just making a nice little install now. What is the fastest build to use, is it the newest? Is the newest the best? For a simpleton like myself whats the best to use? I want the fastest most effiecent kitchen possible... or nearest to that.

Thanks for any help guys!
Old 03-30-2009, 11:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond/TP2
Carrier: Sprint

deegimus is keeping up the good workdeegimus is keeping up the good work
Re: Fastest build in PPC Kitchen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhatikkigod View Post
Hey guys, just making a nice little install now. What is the fastest build to use, is it the newest? Is the newest the best? For a simpleton like myself whats the best to use? I want the fastest most effiecent kitchen possible... or nearest to that.

Thanks for any help guys!
Are you kidding?
No disrespect, but dude!
That is the whole quest of this forum! That is the 'Holy Grail'!
(One wonders if it really exists... or if you find it, it vanishes as the next ROM appears to you in a vision)
We're all trying to figure that out.
With that in mind, you have to kiss a lot of frogs to meet a prince...

I have 3 words for you...

Read!
Flash!
Tweak!

(repeat)

If you are serious in your quest you will bow to the masters that have so unselfishly documented their efforts here on this site. Read, read, read.

I have had great luck with the PPCKitchen and build 21018 and 21028. (Thanks to Drellisdee)

Good luck man!
Old 03-30-2009, 11:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work

wow man thanks for the very useless post. I have been here for awhile, i am really busy at work and with other things that i dont have that much time to invest in looking all over. I see you have lots of time to invest in trying and retrying over and over again...im sorry but i dont.. i have work and a lot of other responsibilities. I can spend only so much time playing with different aspects i dont see why its such a bad thing to ask what would be the quickest or what i really want is just what someone thinks has been a quick build for them. A year or so ago when i did have time and was trying to hack a sprint 6900 with a stolen ESN to work on my VZW account using my 6700s ESN i learned, figured out how to do it and helped a lot others doing the same including condensing things for them into small uploads so they wouldnt have to look all over. When someone asks an obvious question i just dont respond.

Also that is not the whole point of this forum, many MANY people here would sacrifice speed for more utilities or have needs that others dont..i dont have many program needs i just want a fast build. If the whole point was the fastest build we would just have stripped down roms with as little utilities as possible and no fancy graphics but its not, many people love eye candy and have needs and like using their phone for a whole range of things other then a phone. If they didnt i would have no problem in finding a fast build to start with when using BuildOS. Good god man, why did you even respond?

I was just wondering what of the 5 builds would be best to pick when i start building my install. Either respond with something helpful or just dont respond because i really dont see the point in your post, im not new here so i know i shouldnt ask blatantly obvious question but i was just wondering what was the fastest or at least a fast build to pick. I dont get why you even responded.

Last edited by buddhatikkigod; 03-30-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond/TP2
Carrier: Sprint

deegimus is keeping up the good workdeegimus is keeping up the good work

As I said before...

No disrespect...

And I answered your question...

"I have had great luck with the PPCKitchen and build 21018 and 21028. (Thanks to Drellisdee)"

Sorry about the poor humor attempt...
Old 03-30-2009, 12:12 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

I built one once in 5.5 minutes. It was a clean rom... lol...

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Prefacing a post with "no disrespect" means nothing and usually just sets someone up for getting disrespected. Its the same as "i dont mean to be a jerk" usually someone does the exact opposite when they preface their statement with that.

Im not a newb, ive helped a lot of people in posts and PM's i was just hoping someone (because not everyone wants the same thing i do as you stated) who had been down the same road could take 2 seconds and say 20931 or 20924 works good. You spent more time writing a condescending post then you would have just putting that one sentence in... which i dont see as an option in PPCKitchen.

Its not a big deal i just wanted a quick opinion but you had to put that in there, even though based on my posts and thanks i am well aware of not asking obvious repeat questions just wanted a little helping hand.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Id rather have someone make a joke then patronize me. i just had to build a quick one, i had followed someones instructions on getting GPS to work that they were trying to help others with but they didnt fully know what they were doing they put a few instructions and files that were outdated which might have been the reason my ESN resetted and i had to go through all the steps i did a year ago to put a new ESN on my phone... i forgot how and it took me a bit.

I am EXTREMELY busy with work right now so i dont have a lot of time to poke around, im trying not to take too many risks with newer stuff i know a PPCKitchen Buildos built install will work iwas just wondering of the 5 available builds in BuildOS which would be the best to pick for a fast build. If no one wants to answer thats fine but i dont get why someone would spend more time writing an obvious post for someone thats not a newb and has read that post made by peoeple... who usually arent that helpful themselves not newbs but not the few people in this forum that contribute the most on spending time to look and figure it out themselves. I have donated money and i have donated time to help others when i had it.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:46 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

I saw that post after dealing with a rather difficult elderly customer and needed a laugh. My stance on the subject is, it not what build you use, it's the programs you put into it. I usually build of the stock rom and have found not much difference in well build SYS's. Some do have newer features, but speed...I can't tell even with software benchmarking software, and I've benchmarked a few in my day. I was once curious as well. Now I just pay attention to the workability of the rom and what I add.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

making a joke isnt a big deal at all, i dont mind. Honestly i know im asking a question that i could probably find out by searching through posts but everyone purpose isnt mainly on speed so its not the quickest thing to find its workability and features like you said.

Thanks rstoguy, i was thinking the build might not make a huge difference but wasnt sure. I thought i noticed an earlier build that i had to flash on the phone ran quickly but couldve been my imagination. Anyways thanks.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6800
Carrier: cricKet

coachcharles is a n00b
Cool Re: Fastest build in PPC Kitchen?

Buddhatikkgod,

Dude...deegimus answered your question in his first post, and no one cares about your schedule...Just say "Thank you" and spare us the lecture.

Thank you.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue