PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2009, 05:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue 6900
Carrier: Sprint

qanda6900 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PIM Backup

I cannot get PIM Backup to install on my HTC Touch 6900 using WM6.1 Professional.
I downloaded PIM ver. 2.8 for WM6, unzipped the file, put the exe into the device, then clicked on it via Active Sync.
Nothing happens. A dialog box opens with specs on the file and indicates that it is an Application.
What am I doing wrong. Many users here in the forum seem to like it and do not indicate installation problems.
Help please.
Thanks,
QA
Old 03-26-2009, 05:33 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: PIM Backup

its 2.8 but it works on my 6900. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=299705 to use the app. i just used ppc to dl the zip,unzipped it with tc and ran the exe. i didnt move or drop the exe anywhere. no pc involved on my end.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 03-26-2009 at 05:38 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

qanda6900 is a n00b

Ok. I think what you are saying is that there is no installation.
The file on the device is the application itself. Right?

All right. Now how does one remove it if it is not installed?
Delete the app file?

Not great with PPCs yet.

Thanks
Old 03-26-2009, 06:54 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

ya its not in remove programs if that helps. i never removed the app. and not sure why you would but, after you backup, just delete the file from sd card.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

qanda6900 is a n00b

I'll get to understand these devices soon. I'll give it another go Mate. Thanks a lot.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:10 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by qanda6900 View Post
I'll get to understand these devices soon. I'll give it another go Mate. Thanks a lot.
feel free to pm me if you need any help with this or anything else, i still love my 6900.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: BB 9630 Tour
Carrier: sprint

fparkin is just getting started

its a great proggy just put exe on sdcard and tranfer to touch
Old 03-26-2009, 11:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

qanda6900 is a n00b

Actually, I did the reverse. The program resides on the sdcard. I figured that if anything happens to the device memory and I hard reset, the program will be deleted.

If it is on the card, then I can easily restore data files.

I think so anyway.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue