PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2009, 08:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

jorgecuatro is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jorgecuatro
So I am a little stupid with these ppc's....

I have the HTC touch on Sprint network and want to try to update this thing to run the best possible way. one question is can I download whatever one would recommend for my phone onto my pc then load it to the phone or do I have to do it all on the phone? Please recommend what I should do to this to make it better. I have been searching through the forums trying to school my self
Old 03-15-2009, 08:25 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: So I am a little stupid with these ppc's....

Just read read read and you will get there

Old 03-15-2009, 08:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Welcome to Geekdom! Kinda depends on what you want your phone to do. But, as Hib said read, read, read...here's a good place to start..http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48

Old 03-16-2009, 12:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH
Carrier: Sprint

HTC_TOUCH89 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to HTC_TOUCH89 Send a message via MSN to HTC_TOUCH89

well first things first, if you have windows 6 then you neeed to update you phone to windows mobile 6.1 from there figure out what you want out of your phone then go from there. AND YES DO A LOT OF READING. reserch your devices SPECS. your phone is powerfull be smart with it.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6900

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work

yeah, take advantage of some things and programs on here make some mods then learn about them. Or learn then upgrade. The more you get to use the more interested you'll get and the more you'll want to learn till hopefully you get to the point of helping others. I go in and out of using this site and my phone. I havnt really been using it as anything but a phone these past few months so i lost interest and stopped coming but now im getting back into it... my memory SUCKS so it feels like im starting over and have to ask a lot of repeat questions which can get annoying for the others.

Just try not to make new posts as much as possible do the little extra work of searching on here, and browse a lot you'll find out extra stuff which will help you later.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: low tech vzw

imdarkside is becoming a great contributor

Its okay to be overwhelmed. Start loading crap onto your phone based on what you want to do. Be sure you get a good backup program first like pim backup. Anything you see referenced here you can copy and paste into your google search and it will most likely take you back here to the proper posts or to another similar site xda. these two sites can be trusted and will keep you busy for months.

back up your contacts and appointments before you start playing with your phone and quite often when you start to load stuff. then load crap on try it out and uninstall or use it. eventually you will probably get to the point where you need to reset your phone and start over.

unless your good at computers dont change your oem rom (the operating system that came with your phone) yet. get some add on software and play with that for a while.

get oem aps on posts like this one:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ight=oem+touch

take the files onto your phone and load them from your phone. "cabs" load by themselves, zips and rars need to be unzipped and then may have a cab inside or you gotta play around with them. usually there is a "read me" file that explains it.

Also trick out your phone. I would start with slide to unlock (do a search to find it) and spb mobile shell. That stuff will entertain you for awile.

one last thing you gotta do is push the green "thanks" below my post. my rep aint budging.

Last edited by imdarkside; 03-16-2009 at 01:05 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jorgecuatro is a n00b

I checked the ROM on my phone and this is what i got....
9/18/07
2.13.00 radio version

I just want this phone to work the best it can. I text/email daily from it for work and occasional email. Can someone recommend what I can do to change it for the better. I tried to do a radio update through HTC site but after the phone downloaded it it said it was not a valid vogue app. Thats why i asked if i load it to my comp how can i update the ppc once loaded to my comp.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jorgecuatro is a n00b

how can i backup my contact folder before i do anything?
Old 03-17-2009, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6900 MR1 w/customization

wmnoobie is just getting started

I haven't done much to my Verizon xv6900 phone, but these are the things I did and seem to be working. Like imdarkside says backup (I backup with Active Sync only so far) and try new apps
wm6.0 post#19
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35326&page=2
wm6.1 post#482
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=43741&page=49

Hope this helps - If so hit Thanks
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue