PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 04:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

xmovingx is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to xmovingx Send a message via Yahoo to xmovingx
Question touch to diamond

ok.. so my touch is starting to act up.. buttons not working etc...
i can get a replacement and go on with like..
i can upgrade to the diamond... kinda wanting to..

but my luck, as soon as i get the diamond the new one or the touch hd ( is what i really want ) will come out..
Just like this one ( the touch, they dont sell it any more.. )

Any ways i would like some feed back..
Pros / Cons..
Old 02-21-2009, 05:01 PM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....
Carrier: Sprint

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: touch to diamond

Shouldn't this be in the comparison forum....

Anyway the biggest con is no external memory...but even thru hard resets the Internal Storage keeps what ever is stored there...It has only 4gb compacity though...Also the diamond seems to have heating up issuse's as well as the touch pro...You may miss your battery performance of your touch also.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:25 PM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP

wait for the diamond 2 which was just announced. either that or the pre
Old 02-21-2009, 10:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SGH-T959D leaked 'Official' froyo
Carrier: Telus

Rabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
wait for the diamond 2 which was just announced. either that or the pre
If we ever see a CDMA version.... HD

ROM: DarkRoot
Old 02-22-2009, 10:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work

I have the diamond right now and trying it out. I had the pro but it was loaded with problems and defects from the factory like software and hardware issues. After the third one I returned it. Now the diamond is much better and less problems but really not that big of an upgrade.

The screen is great, battery sucks (little better with custom rom), finger print magnet, very slippery in hand, TF3d is slow and a little clunky, gsensor is cool but I don't use it. I like the phone and can work around these things but I would rather wait for the Diamond II or pro II.

I could sell my touch and just get the diamond for free in the end but I don't think I will. the touch is older and not sold by sprint but I know if I hold on to it and anything happens to it sprint insurance will eventually give me a diamond anyway once they run out of refurbs. Hold on to it.

This is my opinion guys so please don't flame me
Old 02-22-2009, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

xmovingx is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to xmovingx Send a message via Yahoo to xmovingx

thanks for the input.. ( jjday )

i really would like to get the touch hd, but the diamond 2 looks really kewl to..
i just like the interaction with the phone to email ...
Old 02-23-2009, 12:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

EnYcE989 is a n00b

Whats up man?..Well I would def say just wait for either the touch pro 2 or diamond 2..I had a touch pro..it was loaded with problems so i returned it within a week of having it, i used to have a touch and i cracked the screen by biting it(dont ask..lol) and they gave me a diamond because they are running out of refurbished touch's...I thought the diamond was gonna be something special, but i was wrong, I think trying to mask winmo is a good idea and a bad idea at the same time. Nevertheless, I would def recommend waiting out for the Diamond 2 or if your feeling daring go with the pre.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:47 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey

Yeah the Diamond & Pro are both loaded with problems, with the Pro having more (had the Touch Pro for 2 days and returned it due to these problems), so thats why I'm still using my Touch while holding out for something better to get released, and if you call Asurion right now for a Touch replacement, you will be upgraded to a Diamond.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch & Touch Pro

MrShoe is a n00b

I can't speak for the Diamond, but the early production TPro's did have some issues. I went from a Mogul to the pro not my choice, it bricked. It took me a few days but I am glad that I made the switch. I bought my wife a touch before I got the TP. She is less than happy now. I would not get a diamond, but for the same reasons a touch did not fix for me. All I am saying is, those that got them right when they were released and gave them up quickly my not be the best judge of the current devices.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

honestly...just wait if you can....Sprint is going to discontinue the Diamond at some point in the not too distant future anyway. I would wait for something else, or get a replacement Touch.

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue