PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 02:35 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: Bell

big_sexy00 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
disable usb charging

I know on the GSM version of the touch there is a setting in the battery menu that lets you disable charging over usb, and i was wondering if there is a way it can be done on the cdma versions, because i dont know about all of you, but i really dont want to kill my battery by plugging and unplugging 10 times a day just because i want to put new apps on my phone. At this point i usually wait untill i have to charge my phone to put new apps on it just so i dont shorten the lifespan of my battery.

BiG
Old 02-19-2009, 03:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: bell

ryallchild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryallchild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryallchild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryallchild is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to ryallchild
Re: disable usb charging

these batteries arent affected by not fully charging and discharging, they dont have memory.ive read lithium based batteries actually work better if you give them partial dischages
Old 02-19-2009, 04:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SGH-T959D leaked 'Official' froyo
Carrier: Telus

Rabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuff

Ive never seen anything for a vogue that contains that setting and i've tried a ton of ROMs, the setting might be portable and nobody sees any reason to do so because like ryallchild said, it doesn't hurt to do partial discharge/charge.

ROM: DarkRoot
Old 02-19-2009, 10:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

rusty105 is a n00b

but what about us who use the USB to teather to the laptop, and drain the laptop battery???

Rusty
Old 02-19-2009, 10:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty105 View Post
but what about us who use the USB to teather to the laptop, and drain the laptop battery???

Rusty
Plug the laptop in.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SGH-T959D leaked 'Official' froyo
Carrier: Telus

Rabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuff

How much of a difference does it make to the life of your laptop versus using wifi? I'm not being sarcastic, just curious.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: Bell
Threadstarter

big_sexy00 is a n00b

even if you guys dont think it doesnt do anything to the battery, i'm still convinced that plugging and unplugging multiple times a day will have an adverse effect on the battery.

anyone else?
Old 02-19-2009, 09:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

It will have no adverse effect whatsoever.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell Mobility

forkspoon is a n00b

Lithium batteries are not affected by the memory effect.

They still have a lifespan though... avoid excessive charging (most phones should switch to a trickle charge state), as this may result in the overheating of the battery and cause irreversible loss of capacitance.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH
Carrier: SPRINT

jimt29 is keeping up the good workjimt29 is keeping up the good work

I'm a little curious here; you're adding new programs 10 times a day?

I'd be more worried about memory than battery life. In 30 days you'd have over 300 programs to contend with.

Is your phone your hobbie?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue