PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 01:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

cyberfreak95 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Caution - RUU_Vogue_VZW_WWE_3.14.605.1_Radio_3.37.78_Ship.ex e may cause GPS to stop

While this is kinda mentioned in a couple of the 800 post long GPS threads I thought I would make it easier to see because I searched for hours to find a solution and kept coming up with the standard GPS not working threads -

I flashed RUU_Vogue_VZW_WWE_3.14.605.1_Radio_3.37.78_Ship.ex e to my replacement verizon xv6900 to check it out (thinking it couldn't hurt because I can easily flash to something else) and I just couldn't get the GPS working. I already did the qpst thing, and the reg entries for agps, and enabling location and still nothing. I am using NFSFAN's rom and I knew it the GPS worked fine on my old phone. I tried flashing the Bell rom with the 3.42.50 radio and the sprint rom with the 3.42.30 radio and several other radios and the gps would just sit there searching for satellites but never lock.

Finally I came across a couple of threads talking about how verizon made some modification to the GPS using this flash that made it unusable without the Valhalla Fix. So I tried the Valhalla fix and sure enough google maps started working again. But what's strange is people linked other postings that were supposed to have more details as to what VZW did to change the GPS but on both this board and XDA they were deleted. I don't know if they put something bad in the post or uploaded something they should have but the whole threads were gone, not just the single post.

Did some more digging and and found a post from kyrumo that had the answer. I don't have the link but he said he flashed some old ROMs and was able to get his GPS working again after he flashed the *evil* gps killing ROM.

I wasn't able to follow his steps exactly, but basically I flashed the non-GPS CoKe unlocker (.60 I believe?), then the sprint RUU_Vogue_SPRINT_WWE_1.12.651.1_2.13.00_SPC_NV133_ Ship.exe, and finally re-ran the 2.31 Coke unlocker. After that I flasked NFSFAN's 1.12 VZW rom, had to redo the QPST fix (it got blanked out from all the flashing), and fired up google maps and got a GPS fix in 10 seconds.

I'm not claiming to have discovered any of this, I was just posting it in a central location so hopefully some people in the same boat as me are able to find this quicker on google because I tried using all the keywords I could and I had to go through all this b ecause I flased that stupid verizon rom
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900-vogue

shaneo13 is just getting started
Re: Caution - RUU_Vogue_VZW_WWE_3.14.605.1_Radio_3.37.78_Ship.ex e may cause GPS to s

I had to do the same thing. My problem was that I flashed the leaked ROM and let customizations run. I finally got the radio ver. back down to 3.37. I was then able to use Scroslers hacked leaked Rom. It is what I still use.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:57 PM
Lurker

store934 is a n00b
Re: Caution - RUU_Vogue_VZW_WWE_3.14.605.1_Radio_3.37.78_Ship.ex e may cause GPS to s

Here is what I used

This tutorial is for users that have flashed the new Verizon ROM for the vx6900 and let customization disable their GPS. This will help you restore the original GPS functions to use with google maps etc. Links to the files can be found in the numbers 1 - 6 for each step.

[1] Unlock with 0.40.coke
[2] Flash Sprint ROM RUU_Vogue_SPRINT_WWE_1.12.651.1_2.13.00_SPC_NV133_ Ship DO NOT LET CUSTOMIZATIONS RUN
[3] Unlock with 2.31.coke
[4] Flash Verizon ROM RUU_Vogue_VZW_WWE_3.14.605.1_Radio_3.37.77_Ship DO NOT LET CUSTOMIZATIONS RUN
[5] Flash any custom rom
[6] Do the agps fix on xda (if you want the stock rom do this before step 5)

Try here....

http://wiki.ppchaven.com/index.php?t...IX_VERIZON_GPS
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

drdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to drdrewdown Send a message via AIM to drdrewdown Send a message via MSN to drdrewdown Send a message via Yahoo to drdrewdown Send a message via Skype™ to drdrewdown

great information from both of you guys.. thanks a bunch!

this sure would have been helpful about 2 weeks ago when i flashed a friends phone to update to leaked vzw & let customizations run!! ofc screwing me out of gps.. i fought it for a couple hours before i said.. GPS isn't really that important is it!?! lol
Old 02-20-2009, 03:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (XV6900)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rzawora is becoming a great contributor

I know everyone is just trying to be helpful...but please be careful not to confuse people more then they already are...the situations are different and everyones phone is different.

To the OP...I think you missed a step in posting what you did, because if you didn't flash back with the official Verizon ROM you would be still stuck on the Sprint Radio 2.13.00 and I'm pretty sure your GPS wouldn't be working. Are you sure you didn't flash with a Verizon ROM prior to flashing with NFSFAN's ROM?

To store934...that wiki will get you working again, kudos on the post. But why would one want to use the Verizon 'leaked' ROM which has radio version 3.37.77 when they could use the Verizon Official ROM which has radio version 3.37.78? The wiki is just a little out-of-date. Also...doing the aGPS fix you point to over at XDA also depends on the ROM they will be using. If their using a ROM that is already configured for aGPS then they need to skip step 16 in which you install a cab file. This file isn't needed (and will cause it not to work) if you install it on a ROM that is already configured properly...

Just my two cents...there's a LOT more involved than just a simple thing someone can say. Please let people read what exists and come to their own conclusion as to what will or won't work...that's why all the info is out there.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Axim X51v, Tilt, 8525 VX6900, Imagio
Carrier: AT&T & Verizon

jadesse is becoming a great contributor

I have been screwing with this for a couple of weeks now. I am on Verizon & flashed the leak & official ROM. I don't want to use Google Maps or Live Search as I do not have a data plan. I want to use TomTom. I did get it to work on both ROM's, well sort of. This is without doing any fixes or hacks. I found that if I run the Holux GPS Viewer (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8465&d=1211243109) to prime the GPS then TomTom will work. Sometimes it takes longer than other to obtain a GPS lock & I am talking a bout 5 minutes. The only problem I have with this is this. If I turn my phone off then I have to soft reset in order to obtain a GPS lock again.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon touch

rstran is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to rstran

has anyone noticed their battery life decreasing dramatically after turing on the gPS?
Old 02-22-2009, 02:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VZW6900

fawkstrot is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to fawkstrot

Can anyone point me in the direction of the QPST hack for GPS? After my last ROM it seems like nothing I do will make my GPS work. Yes, even tried the wiki solution posted ehre, no go.

I'm thinking it's tied in with what you have to do in QPST but I can't find the instructions anywhere. Any help?
Old 02-22-2009, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (XV6900)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rzawora is becoming a great contributor

fawsktrot,
In response to your post and pm... i would need just a little more information to help you out.
1) Profile says Verizon...is this still true?
2) In PM you said you were on radio 3.42...how did you get there?
3) Have you ever ran either the 'leaked' Verizon ROM with radio version 3.77.77 or the 'official' Verizon ROM with radio version 3.77.78? If so which ones?
4) If the answer is yes to #3, did you let customizations run upon first boot?

I will be able to help you get your GPS back up and running but need these answers before I can tell you how to proceed.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

pbrauer is a n00b

I have to say to everyone that reads this post.....FOLLOW IT EXACTLY!!!

Don't be stubborn, don't try to shortcut, and don't let the customizations run.

I spent a large chunk of my weekend trying several different things and approaches to getting my GPS working again after accidentally flashing and letting the customs run.

The people here genuinely know what they are doing for the most part, and my hat goes off to everyone here.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue