PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2009, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ToxicToastKatz is keeping up the good workToxicToastKatz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Email Notification resetting

Hey guys....have a confusing problem related to SPB Pocket Plus and SPB Pocket Suite.

I installed both last week (I also have the shell installed and have been using that for about a year) and decided I didn't want the Pocket Plus anymore. I attmepted to uninstall the application and couldn't. I had to go over to SPB's forum to see that it had to be manually uninstalled (even that didn't work 100%). I did all of that and completed the removal using SKTools uninstaller so it appears that all of the program is gone. I have decided to leave Pocket Suite on my phone to compliment the Shell.

Here is the question:
1. When i open up IE (yes, I use it from time to time) the pocket plus symbol still appears in the upper right hand corner which allows for mulitple tabs (like firefox on the pc). I don't mind this at all, since this was the one function of Pocket Plus i actually found useful, but I find it odd that it remains even though the remainder of the program is gone. Is this also a function of SPB Pocket Suite? If not, is there any harm in just rolling with it even if the rest of the Pocket Plus program is gone?
2. Since I've installed the two programs, whenever I soft reset, my notifications for Emails resets itself to play a tune and vibrate each email i get. I definitely don't want this feature enabled and i change it, but again, each soft reset changes it back. My task manager has also been acting goofy. Has anyone else had these issues with either one of the programs listed? any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Old 02-17-2009, 10:22 AM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)
Carrier: Sprint

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Email Notification resetting

I have both these programs installed and have not had any issues with either one of them.
I would suggest reinstalling both programs and going into the options for each of them and disable the features
Pocket Plus - Options and uncheck Pocket internet explorer, or you can even uninstall that feature (tabs etc are a feature of Plus)
Phone Suite - Options and uncheck Profiles.
Then try uninstalling both of them again. and reinstall Phone Suite. Also check your rules for your profiles. It may be switching to a different profile

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to

Last edited by Darkness231; 02-17-2009 at 10:27 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue