PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 10:56 PM
Lurker

mtbikerxtr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need input on HTC touch!

I am either going to buy the htc touch or htc ppc6800 phone for my upgrade....i can't decide which one to get! there are too many pro's and con's for each

my biggest problem for the 6800 is the size of the phone
and for the touch is the texting

id love some input from peoples opinions! thanks a lot!
Old 02-08-2009, 01:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch CDMA
Carrier: verizon

thejacer is just getting started
Re: Need input on HTC touch!

ive had the touch since august of last year and i love it, everything about it. it is my first smartphone but i tried out the diamond and pro and i still liked the touch more. not sure what u mean by the texting as a con? what aspect of the texting?
Old 02-08-2009, 10:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SGH-T959D leaked 'Official' froyo
Carrier: Telus

Rabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuff

I think he means the on-screen kb. I love my touch, but I'd be lloking at the current-gen phones like the diamond or touch pro. The touch is 2 years old now and if you are looking to get into a new phone, I'd reccomend going with the newer gen.

ROM: DarkRoot
Old 02-08-2009, 11:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vogue => Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

iDoc21 is just getting started

I've like texting on my Touch much more since getting the vibrating feedback...so everytime you hit a letter it vibrates. It "feels" better. I also have decided to keep my Touch instead of upgrading to a TP or Diamond....I like how thin it is.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbikerxtr View Post
I am either going to buy the htc touch or htc ppc6800 phone for my upgrade....i can't decide which one to get! there are too many pro's and con's for each

my biggest problem for the 6800 is the size of the phone
and for the touch is the texting

id love some input from peoples opinions! thanks a lot!
Get the Touch, the 6800 has no RAM what so ever
Old 02-08-2009, 02:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint

jerseypimp is a n00b

I love my touch and I've had it since it first came out. There are different keyboard options for this phone, some are large and some are small. All in all it is a great phone.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

I loved my Touch when I used it as my main phone it was a great step up for me from the 6800. and i never worried about the texting issue since i used TouchPal i still use the same set up with TouchPal on my Touch Pro as i did on my Touch. all in all the Touch is a great phone and if your choosing just between the 2 of those phones I would definitely say the Touch.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 02-08-2009, 03:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If you are just going to decide between the 2 phones I would say the touch is definitely the better choice. You will get used to the on screen keyboard very quickly. I loved my touch (still have it cant bring myself to sell it). I would definitely consider the new generation of phones though. Although if you are just trying to save some dollars the touch will serve you well.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:17 PM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP

For the price the Touch can't be beat. GPS, EDVO rev. A, double the RAM of the Mogul, and TouchFlo built in. For me it was worth the switch from the Mogul.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 8925

Hangard is a n00b

The Touch, most certainly. I had one for a while and working with two of them for my son & daughter-in-law this week makes me home sick for such a wonderful device. The screen is optimized for the finger [means many less times you will need to get out the stylus - Several other HTC devices are more stylus optimized, but not this beauty] The way it responds is phenominal - you just gotta want to be the menu and the right thing opens, just perfect.
BTW they are both heavy texters and they use the touch keypad [I think] and said it took them 2 days, but they now text with one hand while walking again.
I am tempted to sell this Kaiser and go back to the elf [GSM version of the touch 'Vouge] simply for the way the touch responds - It's perfect.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue