PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 04:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

junito11 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile FIXED!! Bluetooth pan Gone after kitchen rom

Hi, I was using Dharvey's black Vista rom and decided to try the PPC Kitchen (build 2074 to cook my own rom. However, after installing rom...I no longer have Bluetooth pan. When i was using dharveys rom i was able to pair my phone to my laptop and select "join a personal area Network" and it would see my phone as the modem and connect. Now with the kitchen rom it give me error that cant find device. activesync works though so the pairing is fine. It does not see my phone as the modem. When Flashing back to dharveys rom i can pair it and it sees it as a modem and connects. What am i missing? i have been searching like crazy to find a solution cause i really like the kitchen and making my rom. Is there a reg fix or cab file out there. what did dharvey use in his rom to make it work? i was using ICS to connect to my laptop. is that the only rom that supports pan and is pre set to work. Please HELP.

ps. i have used the ICS fix and the btdun cab.....still no luck.
only way to get ICS bluetooth pan to work is to flash back to Dharveys rom.

*EDIT*

see my post on page 2 for FIX!!!!

Last edited by junito11; 10-03-2008 at 04:14 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman
Re: Help! Bluetooth pan Gone after kitchen rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by junito11 View Post
Hi, I was using Dharvey's black Vista rom and decided to try the PPC Kitchen (build 2074 to cook my own rom. However, after installing rom...I no longer have Bluetooth pan. When i was using dharveys rom i was able to pair my phone to my laptop and select "join a personal area Network" and it would see my phone as the modem and connect. Now with the kitchen rom it give me error that cant find device. activesync works though so the pairing is fine. It does not see my phone as the modem. When Flashing back to dharveys rom i can pair it and it sees it as a modem and connects. What am i missing? i have been searching like crazy to find a solution cause i really like the kitchen and making my rom. Is there a reg fix or cab file out there. what did dharvey use in his rom to make it work? i was using ICS to connect to my laptop. is that the only rom that supports pan and is pre set to work. Please HELP.

ps. i have used the ICS fix and the btdun cab.....still no luck.
only way to get ICS bluetooth pan to work is to flash back to Dharveys rom.
You know, my roms are built with PPCKitchen as well and they can't be used as BT PAN either.....wonder if there's a connection, I'm using SYS 20273 though
Old 10-02-2008, 06:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

str8bean is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
You know, my roms are built with PPCKitchen as well and they can't be used as BT PAN either.....wonder if there's a connection, I'm using SYS 20273 though
I noticed that your rom is missing the the BTPAN1 registry key. I tried to duplicate the key from the DHarvey rom and my laptop recognized my phone had PAN but my phone started doing funky things.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:25 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

How did you do that? i tried importing the reg but couldnt. Can you explain how you did it and what funky things started happening. I really like the latest rom from the kitchen but this is the only thing that missing that i use the most. Im Sure someone will figure it out.

PPC GEEK Forever!!!
Old 10-02-2008, 06:33 PM
N00b

str8bean is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by junito11 View Post
How did you do that? i tried importing the reg but couldnt. Can you explain how you did it and what funky things started happening. I really like the latest rom from the kitchen but this is the only thing that missing that i use the most. Im Sure someone will figure it out.

PPC GEEK Forever!!!
I just manually addeed the key with all the strings and values. After I did that my macbook recognized I had the PAN service on my phone but it would not allow me to get on any websites although I had a connection between my phone and the laptop. So I went back in and realized I had forgotten one value and put it in. After a soft reset my phone had the wifi icon on the top bar and a notification popped up about a network card connection. So after being really frustrated since I thought I almost had it I went back to the DHarvey rom.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:53 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

that is wierd. Maybe Dharvey can help us get this fixed. Im surprised that this hasnt been brought up in the latest kitchen. Im sure lots of poeple use pan over ICS. Should we bring this to the attention of the mods? Seems like a really important thing to leave out.

Someone please fix
Old 10-02-2008, 06:58 PM
N00b

str8bean is a n00b

I loved WDM M2D rom but this was a real deal breaker for me. Hopefully someone can come up with a cab that will fix the registry.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:17 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

i really hope so. would this be a simple as a cab fix or would we have to change roms?
Old 10-02-2008, 09:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

I'm not very familiar with ICS over BT Pan however, Try adding that registry setting mentioned above and then try changing the DNS Settings to 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 and disable ip6 or whatever it is. Only leave IP4 enabled.

They're open dns settings and they have always worked for my windows PC.

Other than that I have no ideas guys.

Last edited by DHarvey; 10-02-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHarvey View Post
I'm not very familiar with ICS over BT Pan however, Try adding that registry setting mentioned above and then try changing the DNS Settings to 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 and disable ip6 or whatever it is. Only leave IP4 enabled.

They're open dns settings and they have always worked for my windows PC.

Other than that I have no ideas guys.
wtf did you just say? lol.....i think the geeks are leaving the pan registry out of the builds now :-\....i dont think the are doing it on purpose though
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue