PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 08:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SGH-T959D leaked 'Official' froyo
Carrier: Telus

Rabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re-map power key

I have searched and can't seem to find anything concrete. Is it possible to re-map the power key? I was looking to link it to bring up psshutup.

ROM: DarkRoot
Old 10-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....
Carrier: Sprint

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Re-map power key

from what i have read its not possible to re map the power key...but as you know it is possible to remap other keys, such as the volume slider!!!
Old 10-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SGH-T959D leaked 'Official' froyo
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

Rabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuff

Yeah, just wondering if anyone had gotten it to work.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:53 AM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you probably did the same searches i did and i did not find anything to support the fact that this worked but if you find something be sure to post i'll keep searching.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid_Gypsy View Post
I have searched and can't seem to find anything concrete. Is it possible to re-map the power key? I was looking to link it to bring up psshutup.

hey RG,

Logically speaking, I dont think this can be accomplished (at least without rendering the phone potentially unusable) basically it would be like remapping the key in your car to increase or decrease the volume on your radio, great as long as you plan on your car running 24/7 as once it stalls or shuts off in anyway there would be no way to restart it LOL

This most likely is a design/manufacture 1-off switch closed off to only allow 1 function and 1 function only as it is a primary function to the phone unlike the other buttons where they are setup with designed basic features mapped to them by default they do NOT control the operational capabilities of the device in a major way

Would love to see if this is potentially possible as my phone is usually always on anyway unless Im swapping out batteries or storage cards but in reality I dont see how this could be a usable app or desire on a electronic device without causing issues in needing to turn off the device without removing the battery which opens a can of probable issues doing that often enough (corrupted ROM/RAM data, cook off a chip, etc)

Just some thoughts

Detroit Doug

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue