PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 10:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

KCHruby is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Questions before I upgrade to WM6.1

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I apologize if this is discussed somewhere else in the forum area but I did a search and couldn't find anything.

Anyhow, here's my first question. I've got a Sprint HTC Touch currently operating with WM6.0. I recently received a message from Sprint telling me about an available upgrade to WM6.1.

Right now, my phone works great so I don't want to ruin that. Has anybody had any bad experiences upgrading their phone? Does it work as well as Sprint says it will?

Second question and I think I already know the answer but just want to verify. RIght now I'm backing up my phone with Spb Backup and that also works fine. If I load WM6.1 will my most recent backup file work or will I lose all my personal "tweaks" that I've done to the phone. I'm just asking because when I backup I get the following message "IMPORTANT: The image you are creating can not be restored on upgraded OS or another device."

By "upgraded OS" are they talking about the difference from WM6.0 to WM6.1 or are they referring more to a complete upgrade from say WM6.0 to WM7.0 (when it comes out)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

KCHruby
Old 09-23-2008, 11:48 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Re: Questions before I upgrade to WM6.1

I am a bit surprised you did not find any info about your questions in the Vogue forum with your search, everything has been talked about in great length.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 09-23-2008, 11:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

madman16420 is keeping up the good workmadman16420 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to madman16420

search be for u post lol

Old 09-30-2008, 12:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch aka XV6900
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Vampyrate is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to Vampyrate Send a message via AIM to Vampyrate Send a message via MSN to Vampyrate Send a message via Yahoo to Vampyrate Send a message via Skype™ to Vampyrate

i have a verizon phone and to save you a bit of trouble... there are no problems with the upgrade (i got mine from the htc website) enjoy
Old 09-30-2008, 08:17 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCHruby View Post
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I apologize if this is discussed somewhere else in the forum area but I did a search and couldn't find anything.

Anyhow, here's my first question. I've got a Sprint HTC Touch currently operating with WM6.0. I recently received a message from Sprint telling me about an available upgrade to WM6.1.

Right now, my phone works great.

Thanks,

KCHruby
If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.

The Sprint web site includes a features list that lists, with some level of detail, the advantages of upgrading your phone. I recommend you start with that and if you have questions about one of the statements in the release from Sprint, then search for help on that item.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 09-30-2008, 09:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

capthr is keeping up the good workcapthr is keeping up the good work

If you are happy with your phone as is and going to REV A and having GPS enabled are not important to you then don't upgrade. There may be a problem with sprite backup after you upgrade but whatever "tweaks' or programs you have added I'm sure are available on this forum. If you do upgrade then you should consider upgrading further with one of the Roms available from some of the very talented and generous CHEFS. I was a total novice when I first joined, now although far from an expert, I change Roms frequently. My personal favorites are OMJ and Whosdaman but there are many others. searching can be a pain but if you ask, someone will usually help and not just tell you to search. I guarantee once you start trying the ROMS available here and you see how easy it is to do you will be hooked. Also, some of the CHEFS will make a custom rom for you for a small donation.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue