PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 02:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

bjbarnes is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Red Button will not end call

I have searched as much as I could to find an answer to this and still do not have one.

The red button on my phone will not end a call if the screen has timed out. When I press it, it turns on the screen. I then have to press it a second time to end the call. This is very annoying. At one time I thought that it worked correctly, but now I am not sure. I once installed and then uninstalled AE Button. Could this have any effect?

I also noticed the when the screen is off and I press red button, it only turns the screen on. It does not return me to the today screen until I press it a second time. Is there a registry edit that will make the red button hang up every time whether or not the screen is on?
Old 09-23-2008, 04:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SGH-T959D leaked 'Official' froyo
Carrier: Telus

Rabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuff
Re: Red Button will not end call

There is, but I don't remember what string you have to add and the regedits thread is gone. Maybe someone still has it in their notifications and could point it out for you or post in it to bring it back up.

ROM: DarkRoot
Old 09-23-2008, 10:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

jay1200 is a n00b

i would be very interested in finding out more information about this as well
Old 09-24-2008, 01:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SGH-T959D leaked 'Official' froyo
Carrier: Telus

Rabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuff

ok, I found out how to do it.
This edit will change the time between pressing the "End Key" and actually ending the call. It is originally 3 seconds, and you can change it to any number, including 0 for NO DELAY

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Software
HTC
PHONE
PhoneExtendSetting <<-- YOU WILL HAVE TO ADD THIS KEY

ADD the dword EndCallTime and make the value 1000 (one second) or 0 (no delay)

I only take credit for digging this up, I found it a while ago and kept it in a document.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:37 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Carrier: Sprint

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I had a similar problem, but it only happened intermittently. Something would go wrong, and then I could not hang up with the red button, and whenever I tried to highlight a piece of text with the stylus, it would select from the start of the line to where I was selecting, making it impossible to actually select what I wanted. It was very strange.

I uninstalled AE Button Plus, and it seems to have gone away.

This may be a totally different problem than you were experiencing, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Actually, on rereading, this is definitely a different problem than you were having. My red button became unable to hang up at all. I could hit it repeatedly, and nothing. But it did seem to have to do with AEBPlus, so that might be worth looking at.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:31 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bjbarnes is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
I had a similar problem, but it only happened intermittently. Something would go wrong, and then I could not hang up with the red button, and whenever I tried to highlight a piece of text with the stylus, it would select from the start of the line to where I was selecting, making it impossible to actually select what I wanted. It was very strange.

I uninstalled AE Button Plus, and it seems to have gone away.

This may be a totally different problem than you were experiencing, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Actually, on rereading, this is definitely a different problem than you were having. My red button became unable to hang up at all. I could hit it repeatedly, and nothing. But it did seem to have to do with AEBPlus, so that might be worth looking at.
I do think it has to do with AEBPlus. However, I have now uninstalled it and am still having the problem. I think whatever it changed in the registry, did not change back upon uninstalling the program.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:34 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bjbarnes is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid_Gypsy View Post
ok, I found out how to do it.
This edit will change the time between pressing the "End Key" and actually ending the call. It is originally 3 seconds, and you can change it to any number, including 0 for NO DELAY

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Software
HTC
PHONE
PhoneExtendSetting <<-- YOU WILL HAVE TO ADD THIS KEY

ADD the dword EndCallTime and make the value 1000 (one second) or 0 (no delay)

I only take credit for digging this up, I found it a while ago and kept it in a document.
I already have this implemented and it works great if the screen is on. However, when the screen times out, the red button will ONLY turn the screen on, not hang up the call.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:22 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

In for solution. This irritates the crap out of me.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

therussman2002 is a n00b

This just started happening to me recently. I bet it has something to do with the latest S2U2 or M2D... that's all I've changed recently
Old 09-24-2008, 10:48 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

This has happened to me for a long time, and I don't have S2U2 or M2D
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue