PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2008, 10:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

FlowingAway is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sold my phone w/ a custom ROM still on it, but she's not able to activate it now?

Should I get it back from her and flash the stock rom back on it and relock it? Is that what's keeping it from being able to be activated with a new number?
Old 09-20-2008, 11:15 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Sold my phone w/ a custom ROM still on it, but she's not able to activate it now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowingAway View Post
Should I get it back from her and flash the stock rom back on it and relock it? Is that what's keeping it from being able to be activated with a new number?
looks like the stock dialer of the custom rom doesnt support ##codes. Ive been told that some aftermarket dialer actually can do this but i dont know which... i hope someone can help with this cuz i had the same problem also and i had to flash back to stock to activate.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

FlowingAway is just getting started
Re: Sold my phone w/ a custom ROM still on it, but she's not able to activate it now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike20pr View Post
looks like the stock dialer of the custom rom doesnt support ##codes. Ive been told that some aftermarket dialer actually can do this but i dont know which... i hope someone can help with this cuz i had the same problem also and i had to flash back to stock to activate.
that's fine as long as it works. i just don't want to give her her money back! she doesn't realize all the cool software she has right now anyways. she's not a ppc geek.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6900

scotsman4eva is a n00b

Did you buy a new phone and activate it , i had a similar problem when i upgraded from 6700 to 6900 , the other phone was still activated to me , you need to call the tech support so that it gets of your account or try getting her to activate it online maybe that will work
Old 09-21-2008, 11:02 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

yes, make sure you have the phone deactivated on your account, I had the same issue.....if it is the dialer not supporting the ## codes, have her run this cab to restore the stock dialer skin.

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/OM...ialer.skin.cab
Old 09-21-2008, 02:22 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post
yes, make sure you have the phone deactivated on your account, I had the same issue.....if it is the dialer not supporting the ## codes, have her run this cab to restore the stock dialer skin.

thumbs way DOWN on the new avatar !!

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 09-21-2008, 02:26 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post

thank you soooo much for this!!!!! now i dont have to get rid of my favorite rom ever, even if i sell it (you are a life saver )
Old 09-21-2008, 06:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro 2

PapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

or you could install this fix http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...4&d=1209637101 and you don't have to change your dialer as this cab fixes the ##...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

crowdwarr is a n00b

will that work with sprint touch pro 2 as well?
Old 10-04-2010, 09:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

mrstak is becoming a great contributor

THANK YOU PAPADOCTA. I can't wait to go home and install the EPST fix. Hopefully that'll work and then I can finally get android on the Vogue as I could not for the life of me, figure out why the ## EPST menu wouldn't pop up.

Energy.RHODCDMA.21680.Sense2.5.DinikGlass.Cookie.2 .0.Sep.29
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue