PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2008, 08:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Alltel Plan on Verizon

arik is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow New PRL on the Alltel Touch

Hey, I guess there is a new PRL on the Touch,... (Alltel Advanced Tech Support told me). PRL: 30032.

Does any body have it? and are there any differences from the last one?
Also, as I don't live in an Alltel area, I am hoping that there is some way to get it from someone who can get it and send it my way. I was told (by the tech) that it may fix my phone as I am unable to get EVDO off of a Sprint tower with 30031 (what the Alltel Network Tech guy told me after I put in a trouble ticket) and thats who owns the tower that I bounce off of where I live. My girlfriend just got a Curve and I guess they use a different PRL then the WM phones and hers works off of the Sprint tower. I just don't want to waste another 3 or 4 gallons in Gas to do *228 to try out the new PRL that still might not work. Ideas?
Old 09-19-2008, 09:17 PM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level
Re: New PRL on the Alltel Touch

http://www.the-answerman.com/sidlist/prl/
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by conflipper View Post
Thanks, that just what I needed!
Old 09-22-2008, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

since I did this PRL update sometimes my phone doesn't receive calls and has trouble getting email. So far as i know it didn't ring once. My girlfriend left me a voice mail, texted me a few times and did not ring or anything. She called my work phone to find out what was going on. I picked up the Touch, turned on the screen and I had a few bars. Played with the phone for about a min found nothing wrong, and it just rebooted on me. After it came back on I got the text message and voice mails and it worked as it should. Also as I said, about 10 times a day, my phone will error asking me to make sure I have a data connection because I wasn't able to get my email. When this happens it always has trouble on one email that if I set to not download it works and able to download the rest. If I wait 10 min and try again it will download that email with out trouble. Also, when I tether it will randomly disconnect many time in a row. Rebooting the phone seems to fix it.
Before I upgraded the PRL I never had these problems. Useing 40038.
Ideas? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by arik; 09-22-2008 at 11:37 AM.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:25 PM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

i would say try using a differnet prl and see if the same thing happens? i know the 40038 is used mainly on data cards. try 30033 and see it that works, it might not have roaming on sprint, but you can always try that, it that dont work then maybe try another 40000 series. that is they joy of beeing able to update so easy.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by conflipper View Post
i would say try using a differnet prl and see if the same thing happens? i know the 40038 is used mainly on data cards. try 30033 and see it that works, it might not have roaming on sprint, but you can always try that, it that dont work then maybe try another 40000 series. that is they joy of beeing able to update so easy.
The only reason I want to change PRLs from the defualt Alltel one is wanting to roam on Sprint. I am going to test this out for anotherh week, and then, I am going to try the other Roaming Sprint PRLs. I haven't decided yet if it is bad enough to not have the High Speed, and go back to where there is no problems. Are the Black Barry PRLs different then the WM ones? If so, how are they different? I don't know what my girlfriends BBs PRL is (Curve), but I know hers works too. I guess I am wondering if they are interchangeable, can I get her BB PRL on to my Touch...
Old 09-22-2008, 01:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

arik,

My buddy who has Alltell lives in Little Rock and we both work in Atlanta so he was having roaming and EVDO issues after the rev A update. We put prl 40036 on his phone manually from here:

http://corolada.com/prl/

Go to file explorer and run EPST. Go into edit (of course) rather than view. Update the prl manually to the 40036 you download from corolada page.

I do remember him saying that over the next couple days his phone did just reset on its own from time to time. I'm not sure what it is updating/doing or why but it he no longer has the roaming or EVDO issues.

Hope this helps
Old 09-22-2008, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
his phone did just reset on its own from time to time
Do you know if it ever went away or does he still have problems?
Old 09-22-2008, 01:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

It did it 3 or 4 times over a 1-2 day timeframe and then it quit doing it. I guess whatever it was updating/doing by the 3rd or 4th time it finished what it needed to do. No probs since
Old 09-29-2008, 08:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
It did it 3 or 4 times over a 1-2 day timeframe and then it quit doing it. I guess whatever it was updating/doing by the 3rd or 4th time it finished what it needed to do. No probs since
After the 2nd day it hasn't rebooted and or caused me to miss calls again, but it still randomly beeps and tells me it can't download an email,.. some connection error... and as I said before it seems to pick on special email it doesn't like and always downloads it at a later time. What ever it is, I just disabled system alerts so now when it happens I don't hear about it. It happens less now too, about 1 to 3 times a day, but as it doesn't alert and annoy me when it happens (as I said I shut system alerts off) I don't care as much. still sort of p*sses me off since it shouldn't happen

If you have any ideas about this one, I would be much appreciated. I would really like to fix it.

Thanks
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue