PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2008, 08:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Samsung Moment, Evo 4G soon
Carrier: Sprint

dabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Calling All Cooks

Ok iv been working on an update for my manila 2d rom and i found that there's only so much that can be done with a kitchen, but id like to customize it more in ways the oems cant do so i was wondering if any one could inform/help and or teach me and others how to implement customizations that will run after the you flash the rom. i know you can do it throw sd.txt but how would you implement this into the rom so that it would do it on every phone the rom is flashed to.

Thanx to any and everyone who can help
Old 09-17-2008, 08:13 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Calling All Cooks

Any thing can be cooked into a rom... What exactly are you having troubles with?

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

dabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuff

first this might sound like a dumb one but i cant get it to work at all
1.get a certain .tsk file to be activated on a certain boot
it never will ever finish building the rom when a add a themed oem
2.incorporate pcarvalho's(xda) TF2D Digital Clock Launcher 6x4.cab into manila 2d without the Digital Clock
3.re instal the latest google maps because the one i cook into the rom never works right with manila 2d
and some how edit htc diamond albums registry so that it will search the sd card instead of main memory

edit...
o and install a 1calc because when i use the oem its dosn't show in the programs list

Last edited by dabackwoodboy; 09-17-2008 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:36 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabackwoodboy View Post
first this might sound like a dumb one but i cant get it to work at all
1.get a certain .tsk file to be activated on a certain boot
it never will ever finish building the rom when a add a themed oem
Follow my tutorial in my sig and you can install any theme into a rom...

Quote:
2.incorporate pcarvalho's(xda) TF2D Digital Clock Launcher 6x4.cab into manila 2d without the Digital Clock
Tweak your OEM's...

Quote:
3.re instal the latest google maps because the one i cook into the rom never works right with manila 2d
and some how edit htc diamond albums registry so that it will search the sd card instead of main memory
I couldn't get google maps working with manila 2d. Sounds as if the album.exe file needs to be patched by the xda folks.

In short, I'm giving manila 2d another month or two before I look at it again. I played with it all day yesterday working out bugs, squash one, 2 more would pop up....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

thanx man ima give it a try and trust i will deff. update you
Old 09-18-2008, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Bell

EtrnlWolf is keeping up the good workEtrnlWolf is keeping up the good workEtrnlWolf is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to EtrnlWolf

Quote:
Most GoogleMaps OEMs put googlemaps.exe into \windows and m2d looks for the defaults path of \program files\googlemaps\googlemaps.exe

In order to use existing OEMs just add an operation to your personal OEM flashfiles.txt to copy \windows\googlemaps.exe to the proper path, then manialla will start opneing it again. ( or copy manaully )

[SPELLING and/or SPACES not correct, check you device for the exact paths]
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue