PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2008, 11:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Possible Touch User - Questions?

Greetings.

I currently use a Sprint Mogul, but am seriously considering a switch to the Touch for the extra memory, reduced thickness, and the ability to fit completely into a case to keep it looking pristine.

The Touch lacks WiFi, a hardware keyboard, and a camera flash as far as I know. Did I miss anything? So far, I have found that my only use for WiFi is to run WMWiFiRouter, and as for the hardware keyboard, I have been using it less and less lately. The camera on my Mogul isn't very good even with a flash, so I don't really see the use of it. As for a flashlight, I have one on my keychain.

Since the Touch has double the RAM, do web pages load/function better on it than the Mogul running Opera Mini or Skyfire?

If I need to enter data, how would I fare with "big paws" (as my boyfriend puts it!)? I have no idea how far the on-screen keyboard has evolved. I do know the default one on my Mogul is usable only with the stylus.

Is a dock available for the Touch? I use the Internet Sharing option for my primary method of getting Internet service on my desktop. If so, can it fit in the dock while in a case that covers the entire phone (excluding connectors)?

Last (for now), is it possible that I can swap my nearly new (Replaced by Sprint 2 weeks ago) Mogul for a Touch? The Mogul has two batteries, an unused headset, two styluses, one of which is unused, the carrying pouch, a home charger, USB cable, and the splitters that came with it.

Thanks!
Old 09-18-2008, 11:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: low tech vzw

imdarkside is becoming a great contributor
Re: Possible Touch User - Questions?

There are several keyboard options. The qwerty keyboard works fine with a thumb although you need to hit keys more than once for some letters. The camera is okay but if you need it for taking pictures you need to use a camera with better resolution. Some later generations which will be out in the next year or so have higher resolution. I am looking forward to that but that will come over time. Memory will then become an issue. The 8gb memory card requires the back case to be removed which is easy but a pain.

If you need a phone now the touch is the best right now although I use it less as a phone that other uses. There are numerous aps for it.

The GPS can be unlocked. Wifi is not an option right now although a micro sd wifi card will be out sometime.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch

themightyme is a n00b
Re: Possible Touch User - Questions?

there are multiple keyboard options, and you can download even more, some pretty much require a stylus, others work ok with fingers... I would recommend looking up pocket cm.... not only for the contacts manager but for the iphone style keyboard

as for a dock... I'm not sure... it comes with all the necessary cables... I just use those

not sure on replacement... I don't think sprint carries the mogul anymore... you might be able to sell it privately
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue