PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2008, 11:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch

GaJetski is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation still cant send picture mail

i know there have been PLENTY of posts on this topic but still no answer! i can recieve picture mail in my texts and it comes up with the url that takes me to sprints picture mail website. the problem is when i try to send! ive downloaded the cab to gain the mms function and even tho it allows me to attach images, it wont let me send to phone numbers, just email, so it really isnt mms? i upgraded to the official 6.1 but i havent tried pic mail before i did it. its bs because i get unlimited pic msgs with my plan and the phone dosen't even have the feature enabled! please help.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:49 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne
Re: still cant send picture mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaJetski View Post
i know there have been PLENTY of posts on this topic but still no answer! i can recieve picture mail in my texts and it comes up with the url that takes me to sprints picture mail website. the problem is when i try to send! ive downloaded the cab to gain the mms function and even tho it allows me to attach images, it wont let me send to phone numbers, just email, so it really isnt mms? i upgraded to the official 6.1 but i havent tried pic mail before i did it. its bs because i get unlimited pic msgs with my plan and the phone dosen't even have the feature enabled! please help.
sprint doesnt support sending picturemail on pocket pc's. your best bet is to download smms and you'll be able to do it that way.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=22509
Old 09-09-2008, 09:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch
Threadstarter

GaJetski is a n00b

thanks but why not? if my plan includes it i should be able to - it used to work, correct?
with this smms; does it integrate itself into the standard text msg. utility or is it more complicated than that to send pics.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:32 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

It doesn't integrate itself into the standard text messaging but it is easy to use. Its a standalone app. You will get a nag screen unless you donate.

Even though its included in your plan, Sprint has never supported MMS on PDA phones. There used to be the Arcsoft cab and a workaround, but Sprint closed that loophole.

sMMS is basically a program interface for the Picturemail website. It is actually sending the picture through the Picturemail website instead of MMS.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:46 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

It is worth the $5 to upgrade to the full version of sMMS... You lose the nag screen and you can set it to intercept your incoming picture mail... Sending pics is actually easier to me than the old school way...

Even if Sprint let us have pic mail again... i would still just use sMMS... It is that much better to me.

I think sprint limits things on phones to make people want to change phones when otherwise they wouldn't want to or have to.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:20 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

For the record... I had someone send me a video last night and sMMS seemed to hang up... or it may just be that I was in the middle of practicing before my karate class and I didn't give it enough time... But anyway...

The video came through when I tried it again this morning and worked fine.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul PPC-6800

Gametime69 is a n00b

I cant seem to use the app smms to send to cricket phones... or cricket service...
Old 09-12-2008, 05:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

madman16420 is keeping up the good workmadman16420 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to madman16420

smms is the best for sprint bet 5 $ i have ever spent no need to come back here and dl the new up date just do it from my phone

Old 09-12-2008, 05:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

madman16420 is keeping up the good workmadman16420 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to madman16420

ya i hate that too when i had my i880 i loved taking a vid ans sending it right there
Old 09-18-2008, 01:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc 6900

dixon05 is a n00b

can anyone explain or give me a link to the way i download smms because im new to the whole htc touch thing but i could help but notice that i couldnt send a picture through a text.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue