PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2008, 11:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6900
Carrier: Verizon

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
After ESN Swap is any activation neccassary?

Hey guys... ive written a few topics here related to this, sorry if im getting redundant asking these questions but they are different in what im specifically asking and once i do figure out how to get this working i will write up a detailed guide for others wanting to do the same and similar things.

What i'm trying to do is get this bad esn sprint 6900 working on my verizon network by copying all the info over from my 6700. I've copied the ESN and, MDN, Min1-2, MSID, MCC, MNC, NMSI, IMSI, (all the "true" entries) CDMA settings (all except Roam Orig which keeps resetting back to the stock "Voice 13K setting instead of the EVRC setting listed on my 6700) HOME Sid/Nid and all the MIP settings and Default Profile info. But i still cant get the phone to connect.

The slot Cycle index on the 6900 is 2 on the 6700 its 1. The M.Ip settings are slightly different the "MIP Registration retry" on the 6900 is set to 2000 MS ive tried switching it multiple times to the 6700's settings which is 1750 MS its the same with the "Dormant Handoff Optimization" (which is disable on the 6900 and Enable on the 6700) but both entries always ends up getting reset. Not sure if thats an important, relevant setting or not.

What gives me a little hope is that it took me forever to figure out the ESN swap (which was done with CDMA-Workshop2.7) but once i did and i applied most of the ##778 accessable setting edits to my 6900 and reset the phone i actually got a txt message sent to my number from a friend! But i havnt been able to get voice working. Also before the ESN swap when i tried to dial a number (i dont know what i did to switch the phone from accessing Sprints network to the Verizon) i would get a Verizon auto-operator telling me to hold that they were transferring me to an operator to complete the call with a credit or calling card but after making all the changes and trying to make a call i would get a verizon auto-operator telling me the phone could not be authenticated at this time. So sometings changed... i feel im close to getting this but i know im missing something big... something probably obvious.

Do i need to have Verizon do something on their end? I hope not... but if i do it would be nice to do it over the internet. i went to access my Verizon account online and then to online phone activation to see if theirs anything i can do there although im not sure how im going to get them to "re-activate" the same ESN phone. If i cant do anything via the internet i might try calling and saying my phones messed up and icant make a call and see if they cant connect to the phone and let me connect with it.

I have had to turn my old phone on to get settings but i always make sure my 6900 is off but at one point i know they were both on... one had the cellular radio disabled though so im not sure if that affected me.

Last edited by buddhatikkigod; 07-17-2008 at 11:58 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue